Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike has sat for a couple months on a dead battery. I jumped it a couple times but when I turned the key the dash would light up like normal but the fuel pump primed after 5-7 seconds which normally happens immediately. The bike would then start but not stay running. I put a new battery in it and the fuel pump was still delayed at first but seems to be priming normally now. After I put the battery in the check engine light turned on and it smells like it’s running rich. Gas in the tank is from a couple months ago but I’m not sure if that is relevant. My brothers bike has been sitting the same amount of time with the same gas and starts/ runs like a champ. Any ideas on why it would be running rich now or why it is throwing a check engine light? It ran flawlessly before it sat for a month or two.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Could be bad gas or a loose connection. Check all the multiconnectors under the tank and make sure they are snug, relays as well. Check the battery connections. Then, if it's running ok, put it through three heat cycles to see if the check engine light goes away.

·
Registered
268 Posts
On Triumphs I've learned not to panic over a CEL especially if the electric has been disconnected. Go through three heat cycles and usually it goes away. Stray voltage triggers some sensor I reckon.

If not, Tune ECU would allow you to see a code telling you what it doesn't like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts