Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got the idea for this from BOTM and now that I have them, I'm running into a problem of mounting it. I haven't found a hi-res picture to see how other people how mounted them otherwise I wouldn't be asking this...BUT! Seeing as how the bolting of the stock fluid tank to the frame runs laterally, my mount included with the fluid tank runs vertically. Am I suppose to warp the included mount 90 degrees or do I have the wrong mount? The included mount to the fluid tank bolts underneath, it is not the wrap around that I have seen on the fluid tank without the window.

·
Registered
298 Posts
There are basically two ways you can mount it, with or without the bracket. Unfortunately, I only took a picture of the first way I did it. Below is a pic mounting it with the bracket. You can simply remove the bracket and mount it directly to the frame just like the oem reservoir is mounted.

EDIT: Found a pic of the second way to mount it. Not as close up as mine, but you should be able to get the idea.

·
Registered
298 Posts
That is probably the dirtiest Daytona I have ever seen...
Yah, I pulled the pic from the "did I buy your stolen Daytona" thread. The bike was purchased at an auction and was supposedly a theft recovery.

Hmmm, I've got something different. Oh well. Thanks for the pics.
Can you post a pic of what you have any maybe we can figure it out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That mounting tab that came with the reservoir can be twisted if you put it in a vice and do it really carefully. I've seen it done, but don't have any pictures, sorry. Just make sure you protect the metal with a rag or something so you don't scratch it up. And if you really screw up, you can buy that mounting tab as a repair part.

My .02: return the reservoir you got (if you can), and buy the CT015 that is in the picture. It's not like you're going to check the fluid level while you're riding, so you don't really need the window. And the little one is cheaper anyway.

·
Registered
298 Posts
That mounting tab that came with the reservoir can be twisted if you put it in a vice and do it really carefully. I've seen it done, but don't have any pictures, sorry. Just make sure you protect the metal with a rag or something so you don't scratch it up. And if you really screw up, you can buy that mounting tab as a repair part.

My .02: return the reservoir you got (if you can), and buy the CT015 that is in the picture. It's not like you're going to check the fluid level while you're riding, so you don't really need the window. And the little one is cheaper anyway.
Ahh...after reading that I went back and re-read the OP. I never caught the last couple of sentences I was just thinking how mine was done.

You can do exactly as suggested and bend the tab. You can do it very similarly to the OEM mounting bracket for the front reservoir. Basically just reverse the attachment points. Attach the reservoir where the bracket attaches to the clipon and vice versa.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts