Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone
I few weeks ago I had an unfortunate and unexpected meeting with a ditch off of an unlit road.
The result ended in a few things cracked and bruised here and there, the main issue being my inner fork tubes (broken completely off).
Gerry from GP Frame & Wheel (Woodland, Ca) is able to straighten out my outer tubes and keep the guts but I need to replace my inner fork tubes.
I already threw $350 at ebay for some D675 forks but one was bent beyond repair.

This site seems to list the same part number for early Daytona's and S3... Do they use the same fork leg?
TNK Fork Tubes

Please help me find my lower tubes so I can get back on the road!
Thank you :notworthy:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did I post this in the wrong place? :whawhat:

:sos:

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I am going through the same thing right now, STR forks that were broken off at the bottom of the inner tube and the stanchion/leg. I bought a pair of 06-08 Daytona forks which from research seem to be the same as the '12 STR forks save for color and springs/dampers. My outer tubes are still good and straight so I plan to swap them onto the Daytona forks to keep the original color/appearance. I can hopefully tell you then if they're the same.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should work out. the trick is just getting the lower tubes so I don't have to buy a complete set of forks again.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Yup, gonna be hard to do. I looked for awhile before giving up and just buying a set of forks. Hopefully mine will be straight. Inner fork tubes are outrageous, I think Triumph wants about $450 each.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:eek:

Waiting to hear back from RaceTech for the TNK tubes... copper would be sweeeet

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Pretty surr I have a fork tube or two laying around. If its not straight than only slightly bent if anyone wants to try these ill give them up for chump change once you find out if they are good.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm almost sure Gerry could straighten them out for me. I'm SO ready to get on the road again!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just talked with dealer. Looks like STR and D675 tubes/ internals are compatible but D675R and ST3 are on their own.

BTW, termn8r, quoted $475 EACH for lower tubes.... and he followed it up with "actually not too bad"
HAH!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts