Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a slight accident last fall, I decided to repaint my 2006 D675 as my winter project. Having never done anything of the sort before, it was a bit of a challenge, but very rewarding in the end. It started out scorched yellow and has become pearl white/red and flat black with a few custom decals. While it is not perfect, I'm still happy with it, especially for my first try. I used Kustom paint from TCP global and added some of their flakes to the first clear coat to give the paint a little more sparkle. The decals were made by Michael at www.alloutgraphics.com. The arrived very quickly and were of great quality for a good price.

In addition to the repainting, I had the rear subframe powder coated red and had to re-attach a piece of the nose fairing with a soldering iron that broke off. Unfortunately, when I was reinstalling the mirrors, I over-tightened them and it re-cracked slightly. Not too big a deal, but again, not perfect.

Current mods to the bike, which I bought used a year ago, include:
Two Brothers exhaust
Pazzo levers
Watsen flushmounts
Luimoto seat covers
CW integrated tail light
Fork/axle sliders
Frame sliders
Stomp grip

Next up are AP rear sets (if I can ever afford them) and a Puig windscreen.

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
Nice, are you going to be coming out to the track this weekend. Track day tomorrow and racing Sunday.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I approve

·
Registered
769 Posts
Looks good. :thumbup: I'll have to check it out in person, if I see you at the track.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Looks good. Not had for a first attempt.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice, are you going to be coming out to the track this weekend. Track day tomorrow and racing Sunday.
Couldn't make it today as I am taking tomorrow off from work instead. Hopefully next month.

looks good! on the side note i think you put too much work in prepping. did you completely sand off the OEM paint on the fairings like you did the tank?
I realized later on that I didn't need to do as much as I did. It certainly contributed to my frustration with how long it was taking to sand off. I did experience a problem with the white pearl paint not covering the gray primer, so I had to go to Home Depot and buy a couple spray cans to coat everything white. In the end, I did more than was necessary, but I guess I'd rather have done that then not do enough and end up with a crappy result.

·
Registered
54 Posts
so im asking to everyone all i have to do is take off all my decals from my fairings an spray on the primer or do i have to sand off the clear coat?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts