Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the Remus full system? As far as I can tell its the only full system for 09+ Daytonas that lets you keep the rad fan and brake light. Listened to some clips of the sound and am really digging it....

... only problem is the price $$$

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Does anyone have the Remus full system? As far as I can tell its the only full system for 09+ Daytonas that lets you keep the rad fan and brake light. Listened to some clips of the sound and am really digging it....

... only problem is the price $$$
Its been a while since i checked into it, but last time i looked the only system they made was for the 06-08's which are not interchangeable with the 09+. As far as the first generation, i have one on mine and i love it. I bought mine from a guy on here who had crashed the bike and was selling off all the aftermarket stuff, i got it used for $800, which is a bargain considering a full arrow is around $2k(?). If your looking for a full system and want all of the bragging rights as the others(leo/arrow) but without the price, the remus is hard to beat. They do stick out a ways past the tail which is quite aesthetically unpleasing, but its apparently easy to shorten(which the previous owner did to mine) and now it sits flush and is beautiful.

All in all, highly recommended, although you need to take into account getting it retuned, the full arrow map will work, but its not idea. And remus maps are hard to find so your probably going to want to have someone professionally make one for you.

Just make sure the local 5-0 doesn't mind very loud bikes, because it is a bit noticeable :whistle:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input. The only options seem to be to go with the Remus system or like you said have something custom made. The Arrow full system isnt possible simply because I would like the bike to at least appear to be street legal. I have seen a few discussions as to whether the Arrow system can be made to work with the rad fan and brake light but I've yet to see any real answers from the topic. Arrow would actually be the cheaper route as the Remus is $2,500.

Here is a link to the 09+ full titanium system on their site.

http://www.remususa.com/epages/remus.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/remus/Products/Daytona_675_'09-_Full_Titanium_System_6903914506T

Oh and noise isn't a concern either. My car has a full exhaust system with no catalytic converters and straight through bullet mufflers. The only time I was pulled over the officer said he wanted me to rev the engine so he could hear the exhaust! :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have seen a few posts with people saying they were able to keep the fan with the full Arrow. Personally I think Remus is crap they have very poor fit and the finish isn't great. I would be looking at the full Leo Vinci system as an option.
I have had experience with two Remus TI full sytems and the qualtiy is excellent. I have one on my bike and my best friend has one on his. We've been running them for about a year. For the price you cannot beat it....quality and performance. The can is easily shorten for those who dont like how long it is stock. It fits perfect running with or without the fan. Clatte Maffe is the guy to get one from if you are interested in purchasing. He has a store on ebay. I bought mine for $975. A TI full system for under a grand! I wouldnt buy anything else.

Did I mention the whole system weighs just a hair under 8lbs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately Leo doesn't make a full system for 09+ D675s, just slip ons. I don't want to cut or modify my fairing either as some kits out there would have you do. I would rather go the Arrow route if I am able to keep the fan and light, as I agree the fit and finish does look much better than the Remus. I am heading up to my dealer this weekend most likely. I will throw the question out there and see if that produces any results.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have had experience with two Remus TI full sytems and the qualtiy is excellent. I have one on my bike and my best friend has one on his. For the price you cannot beat it....quality and performance. The can is easily shorten for those who dont like how long it is stock. It fits perfect running with or without the fan. Clatte Maffe is the guy to get one from if you are interested in purchasing. He has a store on ebay. I bought mine for $975. A TI full system for under a grand! I wouldnt buy anything else.
Missed this while I was writing my previous post. Thank you! That is one hell of a deal for a full system!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Seriously consider the Remus before spending the big dollars on an Arrow. Yes the Arrow is bad ass, you wont be disappointed with it. And if you can afford it...go for it, but its seems overpriced IMO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Believe me I'm seriously considering any full TI system I can actually find and get ahold of :laugh:

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a Remus system on my car, and I had a Remus system on my R1200S. Both have been excellent. Good fit/finish, good sound quality. I would recommend their products. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Remus fitted/shortened on my bike prior to Beaksters.....He was skeptical until mine arrived and we immediately noticed a weight/on track performance on my bike versus the TORS can previously fitted.

Needless to say he ordered one and neither one of us have looked back with thoughts of remorse. This system is awesome, oh and it only weighs 8LBS!!!!!:notworthy:

I have no interest in ever making an exhaust swap on my 675...ever.

·
Registered
382 Posts
My Daytona is a 07 with a full Arrow stage II, so not sure if this is any help, but I know I can fit the fan, it is a tight fit but it will fit with some spacers. Mine is a track bike so have no idea about the tail light but am sure something could be rigged up! Murren where are you in Arizona anyhow ??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm out of yuma. That was my main concern being the fitment of the fan after the new header would be installed. I'm sure making the taillight work wouldn't be too hard either. Thanks for your info!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts