Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new toy, a D675, which I intend to convert to a track bike. However just discovered the bike has an alarm fitted, I believe it is the triumph alarm- Datatool S4. Obviously with the plan of tracking this the alarm is no use to me and is surely going to be a pain in the ass with flat battery etc so I want to remove it. Just rang my local dealer and he informs me I need a blank plug to loop it out or something and Triumph will not give me one because then I could effectively use it on any of there alarms...

So does any one have a how to/ instructions to remove or even install the triumph alarm to make sure I don't mess it up and also does anyone know anything about this blanking plug/ loop or where I might be able to source one? (I am UK based)

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Shoot a message to Eclipze. He makes something that essentially replaces the alarm loop with a fake alarm that makes the dash blink, but it replaces that loop that you're talking about. He would probably know where to source a connector to make one yourself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.

Just went ahead and removed the alarm and borrowed the blanking loop from my ST3R for now. Bike starts and runs fine.
I might be selling the alarm and the buyer has promised to send there blank loop to me after he had installed the alarm, so win- win situation.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Glad to hear. Worst case scenario, since you have a blanking loop as reference, you could just cut off the entire connector and hard-wire a blanking loop into it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts