Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title explains it all. Many of us have removed the exup, and most aftermarket rearsets won't accomadate the stock rearset brake sensor. Question is, would removing them (snipping the wires up near the harness and capping them off) throw any kind of code?

My assumption is no, because they've been unplugged and they don't throw a code, and the sensor really doesn't understand the difference between being in a connector or being snipped. Anyone done it?

Side note- while looking at the service manual i see that the bottom of the fuel tank has 2 vacuum lines running off of it....my bike does not. Did the tec forget to install them back in?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Title explains it all. Many of us have removed the exup, and most aftermarket rearsets won't accomadate the stock rearset brake sensor. Question is, would removing them (snipping the wires up near the harness and capping them off) throw any kind of code?

My assumption is no, because they've been unplugged and they don't throw a code, and the sensor really doesn't understand the difference between being in a connector or being snipped. Anyone done it?

Side note- while looking at the service manual i see that the bottom of the fuel tank has 2 vacuum lines running off of it....my bike does not. Did the tec forget to install them back in?
You will thow a code if you just remove or snip the exup cable. The bike does a self-diagnostic when you turn on the ignition and will throw a code if the exup is even just out of adjustment/calibration.

If you clip the wire for the rear brake, you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I removed the exup and turned it off with tune ecu....so it won't throw a code because of that reason....I don't think the ecu will recognize it as an open circuir

·
Registered
631 Posts
If it's still a road bike get pressure switch for the rear brake, you'll need one when it gets inspected.
Assuming you have a yearly vehicle inspection MOT/WOF thing you have to do?
Or get linked brakes? Good for those who can't use their feet and hands independently of each other at the same time…

1 - 4 of 4 Posts