Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
:eek: Holy shit!!! Can't believe he was on his feet.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
saw that on the local forum. that is crazyyyyy. and im with you tapcon. in pretty much done on the street riding.

i think he was lucky he hit him so hard that the bike came straight out from underneath him. if the hit was a little softer it may have threw him into the car in from of him.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Ugh! Flashback to my encounter with an idiot cager last month. Please be careful out there my friends!

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Ugh! Flashback to my encounter with an idiot cager last month. Please be careful out there my friends!
+1! Reminded me of when that jackass rear ended me on the I10 while going 75mph. Still haven't found who that jackass was. Agree with Tapcon on the fact that she didn't just run off thinking she did nothing wrong.

·
Registered
464 Posts
yaa i saw this on another website... she had the nerves to say "are you okaaay?"
The nerve?? Despite her momentary lapse of attention that lead to the accident she was at least showing basic human emotion. Would you rather she jump out and blame him for the accident?

·
Registered
781 Posts
The nerve?? Despite her momentary lapse of attention that lead to the accident she was at least showing basic human emotion. Would you rather she jump out and blame him for the accident?
I'm with you on that one. Yes, it was a shitty accident, but she showed some real compassion and concern. Well done on the biker to keep his cool as well, I know I would have probably busted a nut.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Compassion doesn't raise the dead, nor does it even pay the bills. Is really too much to ask from cagers to drive with their eyes open ?

That said, the rider wasn't aggressive enough, waiting behind a cage is bad, and his safety buffer was too slim, IMHO.

And maybe he slapped her silly just after the shock subsided ^^

·
Registered
509 Posts
Better than acting as if she did nothing wrong and drive away...just saying.
That's happened to me... well she did do a U-turn and said im so sorry before speeding off... :itsok:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
A- She's old as hell. Whatever people say about teenages causing accidents this and that yadda yadda, it's usually the elderly who cause them. They recenetly put up two gigantic retirement homes on both sides of me, within about 5 miles of eachother. Between them lies most of the shopping malls ect. Every time I go out, and everytime I'm almost blind sided by a person or someone does something moronic, 9/10 it's an elderly person. But I digress.

B- He was way too close to the car in front of him. He should've been keeping an eye out for what was behind him. Yeah yeah we don't always do it, but with the speed she was coming, he should've seen it coming and anticipated it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
A- She's old as hell. Whatever people say about teenages causing accidents this and that yadda yadda, it's usually the elderly who cause them.
Nope, It's not the elderly. The #1 cause of death for american boys & girls aged 16 - 25: automobile accidents. #2 cause: suicide. Old people cause accidents, true, but statistically don't drive while drunk, texting, etc. nearly as much. I'd rather get hit by an old person, they're more likely not to shoot me or flee.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Old people cause accidents, true, but statistically don't drive while drunk, texting, etc. nearly as much. I'd rather get hit by an old person, they're more likely not to shoot me or flee.
Umm, you haven't ridden in Arizona have you? :biggrinjester: I'd rather not get hit at all!

·
Registered
531 Posts
B- He was way too close to the car in front of him. He should've been keeping an eye out for what was behind him. Yeah yeah we don't always do it, but with the speed she was coming, he should've seen it coming and anticipated it.
I always watch behind me when stopped, and while I'm coming to a stop I keep an eye on the vehicles behind me. I stay to one side of the car in front of me, so that if someone is coming up and they don't look like they are going to stop. I can pull up between the cars in front of me. I actually don't relax until there are at least 2 cars stopped behind me.

Of course, I don't think that he is to blame. Just that some times you can avoid these things by being paranoid. I know it's not comforting but I often tell my students to assume that everyone in car is out to run them over.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts