Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a STR in Phantom Black. I would like aftermarket rearsets that are both functional and look good. I would like them in Black and Gold to keep up with the color scheme of the bike. What brans come in a combination of colors. I believe the Thailand made ones do but I've read some bad press on the hardware etc. that comes with them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't know about color combinations, but I've personally had very good experience with Sato rearsets. Not on a ST3 (was on my CBR600RR), but a high quality product, great solid and precise feel. Leaps and bounds over the OEM controls, and I have no reason not to assume the same would be true for other bikes.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
If you plan on tracking the bike, make sure to get some that have readily available spare parts. Not all of them have good parts support. I understand Woodcraft makes a solid product.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sato

Well, I have Arrow slip ons on order. I've also looked at the Sato online and they do look nicely made.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rizoma world cup rear set

You should check out the rizoma world cup rear sets. They are completely adjustable and can be set up to reverse shift. I put them on my Tripler and the look amazing. Look up at PJ parts for them. Photos attached.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,896 Posts
If you plan on tracking the bike, make sure to get some that have readily available spare parts. Not all of them have good parts support. I understand Woodcraft makes a solid product.
Woodcrafts are extremely stout but the problem with them is they don't use bearings at the pivots so the shifting is very stiff and clunky.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, a mechanic at my dealer told me the Woodcrafts hold up real well. I do not intend to use the bike for track. The Gilles look tough, too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have woodcrafts on my 09 zx6r. and i personally hate them. not adjustable enough for me . and even with loc-tite the bolt for my gear shift peg fell out, on the highway 2 days later, as well it was a pain in the ass to shift for the first month.
id have to shift up, then push the peg back down to shift up again. it was that stiff

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rearsets

Sounds like both the Arrows and Satos have received thumbs up and Gilles and Woodcrafts a thumbs down.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Sounds like both the Arrows and Satos have received thumbs up and Gilles and Woodcrafts a thumbs down.
If and when you drop your bike there are no replacement parts available for the Arrows. You just have to buy new ones. That's the problem with after market rear sets, they don't bend, they just break. Found this out the hard way.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I Have a STR in Phantom Black. I would like aftermarket rearsets that are both functional and look good. I would like them in Black and Gold to keep up with the color scheme of the bike. What brans come in a combination of colors. I believe the Thailand made ones do but I've read some bad press on the hardware etc. that comes with them.
Please define functional. Did you mean adjustable? The stock rearsets are functional. You can have them powdercoated or anodized any color combination you like. If your stock STR rearsets don't appeal to you, Daytona rearsets bolt right in too. Much cheaper option than aftermarket rearsets if you're primarily looking for an aesthetic change.

·
Registered
601 Posts
i just got them for christmas. they use the stock bolts for the connection between the lever and the main body of the rearset.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts