Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.

I was idly looking at my Striple.....admiring the new yellow seat, if truth be told.... when I noticed that I really need a new pair of rear brake pads.

Now this was a surprise to me, as, over the years, I know I am fairly light on brake usage generally, and especially on the rear brake. On the likes of the Striple, I only use it for the last 2 or 3 kph of a full stop.

I was sufficiently surprised that I sat down and thought seriously about what had happened, and then it dawned on me that my bike had had two visits to the Dyno.

So, forgive me if I am telling you all what you knew already, but..... when you do put your bike on the dyno, first make sure it has plenty of rear brake pads, and then, afterwards, check again for the rear pads.

BTW, this would apply equally to the Daytona 675.

regards,CrazyCam

·
Registered
946 Posts
Good point, rear brake is obviously used to hold it at WOT and steady the rev's to a desired speed, before the power curve is ran. Would definitely cause a fair bit of wear over several runs. I should check my rear pads....

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Only saw it used after each part of the run to slow the whole thing down, but nothing dramatic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.