Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up just installed the beowulf anodized gold rad guard i think it makes a signifficant change in the apperance and the gold matches closer to the calipers then the forks but still looks great. they also come in black and chrome

Before rad guard installed

After rad guard installed

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey jonsson got mine from ebay search beowulf radiator guard they ship world wide out of england shipping so sweden wouldnt seem to be a problem as im in canada got here in under 7 days, ya im partial to the gold rad guard cause of the contrast just seeing what other people think

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Each to their own, but not a fan of any gold bling at all.

Particularly for the rad. The rad has always seemed to me to be a part of the bike that you really want to camouflage, rather than the whole "look at my great big rad!" thing.

But hey, it's your bike - whatever floats your boat!

O.B

·
Registered
868 Posts
Black. Black looks the best imo. I don't think that the gold colour looks any good on your bike.

I had a good honeycomb style rad guard on my Striple, but here in AU summer conditions I found that the bike was getting really hot so I removed it again for the summer.

They do a good job of stopping stone strikes and radiator damage, but make the bike run too hot.

S.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Depends on the bike. I could rock it on a Black STR or a Black daytona, but any other color detracts from the rest of the aesthetics of the design IMO. If I got one, I'd paint/powdercoat it black. :thumbup:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Black. Black looks the best imo. I don't think that the gold colour looks any good on your bike.

I had a good honeycomb style rad guard on my Striple, but here in AU summer conditions I found that the bike was getting really hot so I removed it again for the summer.

They do a good job of stopping stone strikes and radiator damage, but make the bike run too hot.

S.
I have no such problems - even on the hottest days! The only time the bike goes over the regulated "5 bars" is when i'm stationary in traffic or such. Nothing's uglier than bent radiator fins, plus the radiator is not going to cool well when the fins are all blocked/bent anyway, not to mention if you do get a decent sized rock you risk more severe damage.

·
Super Moderator
11,901 Posts
Bent fins are easily straightened but it rarely actually happens. In 15 years of working on bikes I've had to replace two customers radiators that got a hole from a rock (one of which got the hole from a rock being stuck behind his guard and as the bike vibrated it wore the rock through). I personally have over 150,000 miles on the street without a radiator guard and have not had a hole from one. Heck I haven't had a hole from one on my dirt bike either which definitely should get pelted from rocks.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Och aye, but you are a man who pays little attention to style.:rofl2:

Black, while an absolutely excellent colour for a motorcycle, needs some gold highlights to give it real class.

I'm not too sure I'd go for the rad guard myself, but it was a pale gold to match the Striple forks not the proper gold gold of the Daytona forks. :whistle:

regards,CrazyCam

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imo the gold rad guard gives a little contrast to the bike and a added piece of mind incase sumthing does pelt my rad, I enjoy the contrast plus once the black belly pan, clear anodized barends and gold shortys are on it will have its own look ill post sum pics when its all finished or at least I think it will look good my choice might not be for everyone

·
Registered
868 Posts
Och aye, but you are a man who pays little attention to style.:rofl2:

Black, while an absolutely excellent colour for a motorcycle, needs some gold highlights to give it real class.

I'm not too sure I'd go for the rad guard myself, but it was a pale gold to match the Striple forks not the proper gold gold of the Daytona forks. :whistle:

regards,CrazyCam
Cam ... I'm not going to comment on your colour sense.. Really, i'm not. Nope.

Go buy some petrol... :laugh:

S.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Go buy some petrol... :laugh:
I know this is well off topic, but, I feel I should explain that comment.

I dunno if this happens in other parts of the world, or even other parts of Australia, but, in Sydney, the price of petrol fluctuates on a day-by-day basis.

Yesterday, Friday, I left the house early to fuel up the Striple, went back home and parked it and got out the BMW.

It had some fuel in it, so I rode out, passing a servo which advertised 91 octane E10 fuel at 122.9 cents per litre.

A couple of hours later, I rode past the same servo, selling the same petrol, but at 135.9 cents per litre.

Peak prices seem to come in at about lunch time Friday, hold over the weekend, then gradually drop down to the lowest on Thursday afternoons and Friday mornings.

Don't ask me why.

Because of my Scottish ancestry, I hate, like poison, buying the same petrol at a higher price, so some days I don't ride as much as others.

regards, CrazyCam

·
Registered
868 Posts
Well, seeing as I ride every day, and I only get 200 K's to the fuel light, I tend not to worry about a few cents per fill.

But then, i'm not of Scottish descent... :laugh:

Paint it Black.

S.

·
Banned
365 Posts
gold anodised stuff reminds me of 80's bmx front sprockets
blue reminds me of 90's mountain bikes or climbing gear.
I like red =P

Hard/clear anodising looks awesome on most any part :nod:

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Bent fins are easily straightened but it rarely actually happens. In 15 years of working on bikes I've had to replace two customers radiators that got a hole from a rock (one of which got the hole from a rock being stuck behind his guard and as the bike vibrated it wore the rock through). I personally have over 150,000 miles on the street without a radiator guard and have not had a hole from one. Heck I haven't had a hole from one on my dirt bike either which definitely should get pelted from rocks.
Then you're not riding hard enough, because I've had PLENTY of damaged radiators off road on MX bikes (there must not be a single tree where you live, as branches will do a number on them). Radiator guards are cheap insurance and anyone who chooses not to use one is, IMHO, a fool. Rad guard= WELL less than $80. New Radiator= $350+. Given, the risk on the street is far less than offroad, but rad guard is like sliders... would be foolish not to have them/it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.