Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve been really starting to drill body position, being light on the controls, exc. Instarted doing track and am interested in amateur racing.

Im 5’10” and when I am going into a fast corner and need to lean the bike all the way I noticed I have to stand on the ball of my outside foot and flex my ankle all the way up in order to hook my knee into the juicy part of the tank, and it doesn’t feel secure, so I do keep some weight on the controls in order to not get thrown off by a big bump.

Has anyone had a similar problem? And would racing rearsets help me out? I want to be able to naturally hook into the top of the tank without having to balance on my tippy-toes. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
105 Posts
So I’ve been really starting to drill body position, being light on the controls, exc. Instarted doing track and am interested in amateur racing.

Im 5’10” and when I am going into a fast corner and need to lean the bike all the way I noticed I have to stand on the ball of my outside foot and flex my ankle all the way up in order to hook my knee into the juicy part of the tank, and it doesn’t feel secure, so I do keep some weight on the controls in order to not get thrown off by a big bump.

Has anyone had a similar problem? And would racing rearsets help me out? I want to be able to naturally hook into the top of the tank without having to balance on my tippy-toes. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated
Definitely get some rear sets….they will help immensely with the position of your legs/feet on the bike.

Vortex seems to be the brand to go with if you’re tracking the bike. I have Attacks on mine and they are amazing but might be tough to repair at the track in a pinch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, a guy I know from the track just out his Daytona race bike up for sale and he has the Attacks on there, they’re 580 new but he said he’d cut me a deal

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like it’s meant to be, I’m prolly getting a liter bike for the streeet and converting this into track/race bike

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sounds like it’s meant to be, I’m prolly getting a liter bike for the streeet and converting this into track/race bike
Best idea for people with a little disposable income is separate bikes for track/street. You will make lots of progress when you’re not worried about your pretty street bike hitting the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts