Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a brand new in the box Racetech shock spring that fits all Daytona 675s.

It's a 8.5kg spring with the RaceTech part# SRSP 5818 085

According to RaceTech's website this fits riders of the following weights for an 08 and older Daytona newer Daytona use a different rate...
For street use 190-205lbs
Race/Track use 165-190lbs

I recommend going to RaceTechs website and calculating your weights for your bike yourself before committing to buy.

Retail is $109.95

I'm asking $110 with free shipping.

·
Registered
860 Posts
does this spring require any adapters to mount to the OEM shock? Racetecks site mentions some sort of adapter.

·
Registered
860 Posts
hmmmm....

now my next delima is that I am currently 194lbs. So, it would be perfect for the street. BUT, my bike is also my track toy. I do still ride on the street at times, but I will do 5-7 track days this year.

input?

I have picked up an '09 shock with the intention of getting it resprung and putting it on my '06. So, this would be very convenient, but I don't want to get the wrong rate.

·
Super Moderator
11,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's interesting. I don't know what to say about that. They're the only people I've ever say that. On most bikes I've found Race Tech to actually be on the stiff side but it may be different on this one but I doubt it.

I'm not going to lie to you to try to sell it to you though. I don't know for sure so if you have doubts don't worry about it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Are these weights with gear on, or without gear?

Also do you ship to Greece?

Edit:
i think that you are making a mistake with the weights. I visited racetech suspension's spring rate calculator, and for me 194lbs, it says that for street riding I need a 9.85kg/mm rear spring.

----> REAR SHOCK SPRING
Recommended Rear Shock Spring Rate for Street: 9.85 kg/mm (use closest available)
Stock Shock Spring Rate: 12.6 kg/mm (stock)

That would be part number

SRSP 5818098

·
Registered
860 Posts
The part number that he lists is for an 8.5kg spring not .85kg. I am sure this was just a simply typo on the OP's part.

And, according to racetech's site, the part numbers for the 06-08 spring and the 09-10 springs are the same.

I am just worried about it for me due to the fact that I am 195lbs w/o gear and I don't want to go too soft.

·
Registered
860 Posts
this is what I get when I put in my weight (190lb), with a 370lb bike weight input (assuming this based on race bodywork, carbon here and there, shaved rear rotor, jardine exhaust to lose weight). I also put in the 08-10 year range:

Recommended Rear Shock Spring Rate for Street: 9.75 kg/mm (use closest available)
Available SRSP 5818 Series Springs are:

So, I guess this is a little too soft for me... damn.

glws.

·
Registered
352 Posts
But... I am 194lbs on a 2008 bike and it says:

----> REAR SHOCK SPRING
Recommended Rear Shock Spring Rate for Street: 9.85 kg/mm (use closest available)

EDIT:
You are right, I am right also! The calculator is wrong...

It says 06-07 bikes and 08-10
It should be 06-.08 and 09-10

I was chosing 08 bike, and it gave me 09 numbers.

So yes, you are correct. This spring is for 190lbs street rider, 06-08 street bike

·
Registered
860 Posts
With all these recent discoveries, I am curious if the differences in spring rates are due to the improved valving or different linkage? If its valving, then I need the stiffer spring due to swapping to an '09 shock, but if its due to suspension geomtry, then I can buy this one.

AAAHHHH!! Time to make more phone calls.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts