Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If we have enough interest we will build a turbo kit for the 675.

Racecomp are dealers in Australia for Aerocharger turbo's. They are the best bolt on turbo on the market with variable vain and self contained oil supply.
No lag with these babies.

Link that to our custom manifold, carbon plenum chamber and TuneBoy ECU 2bar boost mapping system and you have a winner, no need for piggy back computer as the OEM ECU can now read boost thanks to TuneBoy, it can also autotune and map on the fly. A choice of three trim maps are also in the new mapping system.
TuneBoy can also control the amount of boost that's on tap depending on your gear position.

Very cool stuff. A low boost turbo kit will start from around AU$6.5K

Here are a few pictures of our 1050 triple 5psi low boost kit, the 675 will be just like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
i'm interested, but the price is steep, I'd also be curious about the plug-n-playability, weight, etc.

I WANT TO KNOW MOAR ! :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
by that logic, we dont NEED our machines; which is clearly bullshit
To save gas? Save the environment? In some cases cycles are practical. Just because you didn't buy yours for that purpose doesn't mean others didn't. :smug:

Food for thought...

·
Registered
601 Posts
not to threadjack too bad, but you're telling me that you chose the street tripple because it was the "most practical" option? if you insist, but I maintain that if saving gas and environment are your primary purchasing goals, you would've bout something more, well, practical

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
not to threadjack too bad, but you're telling me that you chose the street tripple because it was the "most practical" option? if you insist, but I maintain that if saving gas and environment are your primary purchasing goals, you would've bout something more, well, practical
You have a point, I could've gone cheaper. But what's the fun in that? Anyway, we've jacked this thread long enough. Truce?

/End threadjack :whistle:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not to threadjack :biggrinjester: You can remove the drible thanks. You have a place for that! Please don't turn this post into 50 pages blahhhh blahhh...

Shipping a kit to the States is AU$250.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'm interested, but the price is steep, I'd also be curious about the plug-n-playability, weight, etc.

I WANT TO KNOW MOAR ! :biggrinjester:
Once you have removed the full exhaust system and the airbox, the replacement kit is no heavier than OEM on the 1050 SP3 and 1050 Tiger.
The 675 would be about the same or maybe 2 to 3kg more.

Plug-n-play? it's all part of the new TuneBoy program, RaceComp have been testing it for some time now.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
How much testing have you guys done? How well do the motors/clutches ect hold up to the extra power?

Looks amazing BTW

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
are there no dyno sheets or anything showing the numbers with this kit? he answered a couple questions, but no numbers.
I have no numbers for a Daytona/Street triple 675 as It's not been made yet.

Our 1050 kit @ 5psi makes a conservative 165 rwbhp with 110 ft-lb of torque. It's not a nasty ride just smooth power from nothing.

However the stage two 1050 kit is decompressed, intercooled and is set to run 200rwbhp with clutch mods, pistons and rods. That kit is due out in a few months.

We already have 1050 SP3 bikes 160 rwbhp from our N/A stage two kit with cams, rods, piston, airbox and TuneBoy.

Like I said we will do a kit if enough of you are after something that's going to make you smile without being a pig of a thing to ride.

A D675 with 160 rwbhp and 100 ft-lb of grunt would be quite a thing and very reliable.

Installation would take about half a day to do and it will fit inside the fairing, no need to change the compression, just the cam timing.

We have one our older style 955i turbo kits with over 75,000k's of boost power and it's still going strong.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.