Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am new to the forum. I am in the process of purchasing a 2011 Daytona 675. I have tried to find out as much as i can on the Daytona and this forum has been very helpfull.
The one problem with the 675 that comes up a lot in the forum is the R&R.
In the 2011 675 has the problem with the R&R been solved? I have read that Triumph moved the R&R to a different location on the bike to help the problem. Also is Triumph is still using the same type of R&R in the 2011 as in past years of the model.
The forum has great advice on changing the R&R and wiring clip to more robust parts. Should I just go ahead and change to these parts as soon I get the bike?
Any advice i could get would be great and this forum is very helpfull.

Thanks!!

·
Banned
941 Posts
If you have a MOSFET Rest & Relaxation, you should be fine. I know it's a common issue, but not EVERYONE has problems with their R/Rs. I still have my stock one and have no problems thus far.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I just replaced the one on my 2006 Daytona (because it crapped out) and it was a different design, so appears Triumph are finally on the case. The new location is on the right side of the frame under the fairing panel. It used to live near the shock and exhaust which presumably made it get even hotter than it normally would.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts