Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...I was here a while back about my bike not seeming to hold a charge in this cold weather. I had thought it was my battery for the longest time since I would put it on a tender for a bit, put it back in the bike, and the bike would work as needed. Lately it seemed to be getting a little bit worse. I charged the battery last night and it didn't even start my bike up this morning when it was really cold. It did however, start this afternoon and run just fine. I was leaving the gym (it's colder out) and what do you know, turns over a little then clicks. Tach sweep, kept trying, no luck, just a click when I pushed the starter. We push started it which usually works, and as I was sitting there letting the bike warm-up, I noticed my lights turning off when I reved it up a little (the bright first then i turned it off) then all the sudden the dash just goes black, the lights flicker and the bike looses ALL power, no lights, nothing. I'm going to assume my R/R has gone to shit, but before I jump into this (since im a poor college student now) and waste money, does this seem like my R/R to you experts? Could that be what was requiring me to charge my battery so often but it drove just fine, then go down like this? I mean I seriously thought it was the battery but now I think otherwise. Please give me a heads up since this is my least knowledgeable subject matter on this bike.

Thanks Alot,
Mike

Sorry for the long text, but gotta get the details in

·
Registered
999 Posts
mine just went through this... The Definitive 675 Charging Diagnostic/Upgrade Thread - Triumph675.Net Forums run the diagnostic decosse explains in this thread to make sure stator is good. however your description sounds alot like mine and many others. i found an 07 cbr 1000 R/R for 85 bucks on ebay. broke college kid should be able to eat ramen noodles for a week to get his bike running eh? :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awsome, thanks for the quick info...luckily I have the weekend to get into this and fix the problem. I've heard about this aftermarket one online for 115$ and from the looks of it's better quality than OEM. Haha yeah, luckily for me the Army just threw me a grand for semester books, I mean, really? I can already tell where 3/4 of the money will be going...and it sure isn't towards books.

Thanks again

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Hookers and blow :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Wow, these R/R's really are a frequent problem.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, turns out, i'm an idiot. I didn't get a good connection to my - terminal when I put the batt on a tender the other night. It just had enough room to come loose which resulted in the power loss like that. Did the routine check up diagnostic and turns out - everything is GOOD. Voltage read 13's charged unhooked. High 12's with batt in and lights on. Lastly, 14's when at idle, to high 13's when revving. So yet again, I am wrong. Thank god I didn't purchase another R/R yet. So far, this bike has not had a single problem to date. Pray that it stays that way.

Well actually, the only thing I noticed is that the buttons on my dash aren't working. Is it possible that I pushed something in my exploration of the bottons that locked them? Or anything of that matter? I try to push them to get it off Odometer and to trip and it won't do anything...Any ideas? I guess that is the only problem I have encountered so far is it's something wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts