Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Chiperator
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've all seen the thread that PCDlab put up regarding Qweesy and his posts.
We all pretty much shot him down but he pm'd me after I made my comment and I said I would forward his request and see what came of it.
I'll make it clear that I could care less either way but maybe it isn't a bad idea.
1 forum I frequent has a Political Wasteland and if someone cares to debate that shit they can go there, as opposed to filtering a general Pit section.
Anywho, here is his PM;

The Pit Hey Chip,

Will you guys at least consider giving politics and religion their own sub-section so it would be easier for people to enjoy or avoid those subjects depending on their tastes? The stuff is spreading like cancer in the Pit and I think I'm like most in that I come here for bikes and babes... not the Glenn Beck show man.

I realize that I probably could've presented the idea in a better way which is why I wrote the admins but it was getting to the point where I thought it was dragging the place down and I'm fighting for what I think is right for the forums in my mind.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
I don't know about another sub forum just for politics.

We're a motorcycle forum first and foremost... there's an off topic section, and there are already 3 divisions in that forum. If we set up a politics forum someone is going to want a religion forum, then someone is going to want a fitness forum (it's been thrown up there before), then someone might want a relationship advice forum, and so on.

If Dave feels that strongly about Qweesy's posts, just put him on ignore. He'll never have to look at another conspiracy theory on this forum again.

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
We've all seen the thread that PCDlab put up regarding Qweesy and his posts.
We all pretty much shot him down but he pm'd me after I made my comment and I said I would forward his request and see what came of it.
I'll make it clear that I could care less either way but maybe it isn't a bad idea.
1 forum I frequent has a Political Wasteland and if someone cares to debate that shit they can go there, as opposed to filtering a general Pit section.
Anywho, here is his PM;

The Pit Hey Chip,

Will you guys at least consider giving politics and religion their own sub-section so it would be easier for people to enjoy or avoid those subjects depending on their tastes? The stuff is spreading like cancer in the Pit and I think I'm like most in that I come here for bikes and babes... not the Glenn Beck show man.

I realize that I probably could've presented the idea in a better way which is why I wrote the admins but it was getting to the point where I thought it was dragging the place down and I'm fighting for what I think is right for the forums in my mind.

Thanks,
Dave

We're a motorcycle forum first and foremost... there's an off topic section, and there are already 3 divisions in that forum. If we set up a politics forum someone is going to want a religion forum, then someone is going to want a fitness forum (it's been thrown up there before), then someone might want a relationship advice forum, and so on.

If Dave feels that strongly about Qweesy's posts, just put him on ignore. He'll never have to look at another conspiracy theory on this forum again.
Both have their points.. yet I have no clue where we should go on this. :laugh: I like Dave, but he really should just put Qweesy on ignore.. its not like we have 20 members spamming the forum with bs.. its just one.

·
Chiperator
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I personally view Dave as a whiney bitch.
Not sure any of you recall when he was "awarded " his BOTM?
He bitched so much against the guy that won it that month (Sterling Graphite?) because he felt his photos were so much better and that he'd made the effort to take them himself versus a professional photo shoot etc that the kid that was running it then (vg13z) awarded a joint BOTM because he felt bad.
That spoke volumes about Daves character to me.

I agree he can just block Qweesy, and if he starts anymore GTFO threads then he can enjoy a time out for targeting another forum member.

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
I personally view Dave as a whiney bitch.
Not sure any of you recall when he was "awarded " his BOTM?
He bitched so much against the guy that won it that month (Sterling Graphite?) because he felt his photos were so much better and that he'd made the effort to take them himself versus a professional photo shoot etc that the kid that was running it then (vg13z) awarded a joint BOTM because he felt bad.
That spoke volumes about Daves character to me.

I agree he can just block Qweesy, and if he starts anymore GTFO threads then he can enjoy a time out for targeting another forum member.
I guess I missed that thread! Hahahaha :laugh:

I agree Chip.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Yeah, don't see the point in keep making sub-forums. Like Budo said it can get out of hand.

It's just a small amount of posts compared to the big picture. And he does it in waves and then calms down awhile. The posts just slowly fade away when other threads or comments are made to push them down the page.

IMO Dave just needs to get over it.

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
Or you deleted it a few months ago. ;)
Hahaha.. bastard. :laugh:

Yeah, don't see the point in keep making sub-forums. Like Budo said it can get out of hand.

It's just a small amount of posts compared to the big picture. And he does it in waves and then calms down awhile. The posts just slowly fade away when other threads or comments are made to push them down the page.

IMO Dave just needs to get over it.
:nod:

(not to threadjack.. but SUP TERRY!)

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
(not to threadjack.. but SUP TERRY!)
No shit... Where the hell you been buddy?

Will I get to see you @ Indy this year? :cool:

·
Registered
2,300 Posts

Exactly what came to my mind when I read Chiperator's post, but stated much better than I could have done.

If Qweesy's posts are inundating the Pit, it just means the rest of the people aren't doing a good enough job coming up with enough new boobs and ass threads to maintain the delicate balance of bullshit that is the Pit. :grin:

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
Exactly what came to my mind when I read Chiperator's post, but stated much better than I could have done.

If Qweesy's posts are inundating the Pit, it just means the rest of the people aren't doing a good enough job coming up with enough new boobs and ass threads to maintain the delicate balance of bullshit that is the Pit. :grin:
Well Shauna...

[Insert dirty joke here]

:laugh:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
No shit... Where the hell you been buddy?

Will I get to see you @ Indy this year? :cool:
Yeah, been a little busy. Getting a house!! I am a homeowner virgin so been getting all that paperwork crap done. They really put you thru the ringer these days because of all the foreclosures....

Anyway, HELL YEAH I will be at Indy. Gotta see my boy Nicky and his new teammate kicking it at the BrickYard. I have family in Ohio so it makes for a nice trip out as I stay with them for a few days and they come along to track also.

Budo, you have to make it. Maybe you can hang with Chip at the Indy Mile as we couldn't hang nearly as long as he could last year. The man is a Machine when it comes to a day of watching races!!:coolgleamA:

This thread has been THREADJACKED!!

Hi Shauna:curtsey:

·
Chiperator
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, been a little busy. Getting a house!! I am a homeowner virgin so been getting all that paperwork crap done. They really put you thru the ringer these days because of all the foreclosures....
:nod: We did a refi to a better rate a few months ago (one 30yr fixed to another 30yr fixed at 1.25% less), wow, the paperwork requirements were way more intensive than when we first bought our place 3 yrs ago.

Budo, you have to make it. Maybe you can hang with Chip at the Indy Mile as we couldn't hang nearly as long as he could last year. The man is a Machine when it comes to a day of watching races!!:coolgleamA:
:whistle: :laugh:
I like me some racin'. :coolgleamA:
Looking forward to it this year.

Oh, and.........Hey Shauna. :curtsey:

·
Registered
6,230 Posts

Anyway, HELL YEAH I will be at Indy. Gotta see my boy Nicky and his new teammate kicking it at the BrickYard. I have family in Ohio so it makes for a nice trip out as I stay with them for a few days and they come along to track also.

This thread has been THREADJACKED!!

Hi Shauna:curtsey:
Yup, I'll be there... Ken made me a generous offer I couldn't possibly refuse (again). And guess what... that weekend also happens to be my birthday!!!

This is going to ROCK!!!

·
(RIP) Wiser than you I was
5,852 Posts
Yep, I done it. I locked the tits or gtfo thread. What a jerk. Qweezy may be a weird one, but he's our weirdo. I quit reading his post a long time ago. This place has lost so much of its character its not even funny. Where's the Canyondancers and Stabbys these days? Well I know where Old Bob is, I talked to him on Christmas eve and Mark, um, I'm not sure. Jail must be a bitch in Germany.

·
(RIP) Wiser than you I was
5,852 Posts
Yep, I done it. I locked the tits or gtfo thread. What a jerk. Qweezy may be a weird one, but he's our weirdo. I quit reading his post a long time ago. This place has lost so much of its character its not even funny. Where's the Canyondancers and Stabbys these days? Well I know where Old Bob is, I talked to him on Christmas eve and Mark, um, I'm not sure. Jail must be a bitch in Germany.
Got to look up the dates of the Indy GP. I just may make it there this year.

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
Double post.. Noob. :blech2:

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
That fucking twat is starting to annoy me...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts