Triumph 675 Forums banner

Quickshifter questions

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jucam 
#1 ·
Hey all,

So my race season is pretty much done and I've decided that I want to add a quick shifter to the mix. I'm getting beat on the long straights but it's only by fractions of a second. I think it's because I'm using regular clutched up shifts. I have a pretty good grasp of what a quick shifter does and how it works-ish, but I still don't really know which way to go. I have a 2007 D675 with the race ECU and SV racing rear sets in GP shift pattern.

What quick shifter is easiest to deal with? Which one is best on the Race ECU? Push-pull? Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.

#3 ·
For your application I cannot say for certain, because I do not have the kit ECU & Wire Harness. The 06-08 D675's do not have a plug-in like the 09+ D675, so slapping a Triumph QS on like the 675R is not an option.

Does the kit harness have a plug for a quick shifter?
If it does not then we have a far easier time to breakdown options.
I will check the race manual if I can find mine.

1. Annitori QS's are made to run without any add on's and work great.

2. Bazazz QS's work amazing, but require either the QS module, or the Z-fi, QS module.

#4 ·
The ECU does have the plug for the quick shifter. My concern with the Bazazz version is adding more modules and such. I have heard about Annitori several times now. I might just go that direction since they are a stand alone style system. Thanks for the help, all.

#5 ·
The ECU does have the plug for the quick shifter. My concern with the Bazazz version is adding more modules and such. I have heard about Annitori several times now. I might just go that direction since they are a stand alone style system. Thanks for the help, all.
if your ECU has a slot for it, a used triumph QS would work great...

Also you might be able to run a bazazz QS with your set-up, which should be cheaper than many out there.

#6 ·
:1wavey: Funny seeing you here...

The plug and play QS works great. If you are thinking of putting Bazazz on then you'll want to use that QS. It's not interchangeable.

The next time out you might want to play with clutchless up shifts. It can take some getting used to. Then you'll have a better idea of what a QS can do for ya. I have a hard time riding without one now.

Hey all,

So my race season is pretty much done and I've decided that I want to add a quick shifter to the mix. I'm getting beat on the long straights but it's only by fractions of a second. I think it's because I'm using regular clutched up shifts. I have a pretty good grasp of what a quick shifter does and how it works-ish, but I still don't really know which way to go. I have a 2007 D675 with the race ECU and SV racing rear sets in GP shift pattern.

What quick shifter is easiest to deal with? Which one is best on the Race ECU? Push-pull? Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.