Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so I just got a 675R and its been a few weeks of owning it and today I noticed at higher rpms the quickshifter wouldn't work but it would at the lower rpms. Has anyone else had this issue? if so what should I do?

EDIT: if anyone ever comes across this! what I needed to do was tighten the chain and to be perfect I made the shift rod/linkage exactly 90 degrees (although it was working fine prior) I think it was the chain that did it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Define "wouldn't work". Was the engine cutting out? Did the transmission not go into gear? Was it a false neutral? What year is your bike?
my bikes a 2014, so pretty much when I'm riding fast and I used the quick shifter it sounds as if touch the clutch and let off and it doesn't go into gear. but it does in lower rpm easy cruising throttle. no not a false neutral, it stays in the current gear its in. so far the bike was working fine i just got it. this randomly started. I read somewhere to check the chain and i checked and its not in spec so ill fix that and retry. i also changed the shift rod position to 90*.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts