Triumph 675 Forums banner
101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I never posted in this. Had him do mine about a year ago. Really opens the bike up a LOT. The sound it makes is ferocious. Sounds even more insane than they already do....lol

Quality work, solid welds and most importantly it bolts RIGHT UP. Nothing was warped or had to finagle anything into place. Definitely recommend! It was rather quick turn around time as well from when I shipped them to him to when I got them back.

-Nigel

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Just an update for those who were wanting the 13+. I got a jig made, these are a little trickier to do than the 06-12 because of the bends, but I got the first one done and it is going out shortly to be test fit on a bike to make sure it fits. Once he gives me the ok that it went on without any issues, I'll be able to make them for whoever is still looking.

Here's a little teaser of the first one. I'm pretty happy with it, took some patience to get all the cuts right.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Also excited! Looks good! May I ask why you decreased the diameter towards the end?

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I would also like to add that the fact it took you this long to get the cuts right is a testament to you ensuring a great product goes out! Thank you! Can't wait to get mine ordered!

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Also excited! Looks good! May I ask why you decreased the diameter towards the end?
It's 2" all the way till the end then decreases to 1.75, which is the stock header diameter where it meets the muffler. This way it'll fit oem and any slip on designed to fit the oem header.

If anyone wants it 2" all the way I can do that. I know some companies like comp werkes will make you a slip-on that will go on a 2" header pipe, but you'd have to call and custom order it.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
still in the process. but things are moving forward and TRMN8TR has been great to work with the entire time!

keep on the lookout.! you wont regret getting one of these headers!
best price around too! and you are supporting a forum member for quality work!

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Any updates on the install yet? =D
Yup, it appears like everything went smoothly and lined up as expected, with one small exception. Seems like the end of the header got dented and a little flat spot put in it, probably during shipping. If he can't get it rounded back out I'll have to weld on a new piece of pipe at the end.

Never had anything like that happen before, but the pipe at the end of the header is very thin on these. 18 gauge vs. 16 gauge on the 06-12 headers. Guess I'll have to do a better job packing up the end for shipping.

But otherwise I think I'm good to go for making the new style.

I have a post in the classified section with all the details.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
^ quality of work has been exceptional and the header otherwise has fit up to the bike no issues, and it looks like the line' up for the body work is spot on... havnt been able to address this as the clutch is taken apart and radiator off...etc

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
So I haven't gotten that up close and personal with the 13+ bikes yet. Is that little bracket I welded back on actually a spot where the fairing bolts to? I thought it was just that lower heat shield thing?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yup, it appears like everything went smoothly and lined up as expected, with one small exception. Seems like the end of the header got dented and a little flat spot put in it, probably during shipping. If he can't get it rounded back out I'll have to weld on a new piece of pipe at the end.

Never had anything like that happen before, but the pipe at the end of the header is very thin on these. 18 gauge vs. 16 gauge on the 06-12 headers. Guess I'll have to do a better job packing up the end for shipping.

But otherwise I think I'm good to go for making the new style.

I have a post in the classified section with all the details.
Cool! I found the post but am not able to post in those sections just yet. Probably will be sending you a PM later down the road. Will there be an option for ceramic coating in the future?

101 - 120 of 138 Posts