Triumph 675 Forums banner
81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I've been trying to get this done to. I have two 09-12 headers that need to get this done. Lost contact with TRMN8TR. Must be busy or something
Sorry guys yes I am very busy, summertime = race season/wedding season/graduations/picnics/parties and everything else that we can't do all winter in Ohio.

Shannenh, I thought I PM'd you my address to ship your headers to? I never heard anything back so I thought you lost interest? I'll PM you my address if you still want it done.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Got a 2013 jig up yet?
I've actually had a bit of time to work on a jig, almost done with it. I'm ordering another set of like 10 merge collectors and I need to see if they can make me a 2" to 1.75" reducer, that's the only part I haven't figured out. On the 06-12 style it's already got a "built in" reducer from the 2.5" cat down to the 1.75" so I just measure it to 2" and cut there. The cat on the 13+ is totally different and won't work that way.

Either way, I think I can have one done soon-ish. I'm traveling for work this week, then racing this weekend, then travelling again for work, then going to Indy for Moto-GP. So....I've got a busy schedule the next couple weeks lol.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I've actually had a bit of time to work on a jig, almost done with it. I'm ordering another set of like 10 merge collectors and I need to see if they can make me a 2" to 1.75" reducer, that's the only part I haven't figured out. On the 06-12 style it's already got a "built in" reducer from the 2.5" cat down to the 1.75" so I just measure it to 2" and cut there. The cat on the 13+ is totally different and won't work that way.

Either way, I think I can have one done soon-ish. I'm traveling for work this week, then racing this weekend, then travelling again for work, then going to Indy for Moto-GP. So....I've got a busy schedule the next couple weeks lol.
No worries man. I'm in no real rush as I'm just piecing things together for a full exhaust. Got the filter just need the headers and the end can! I'd prefer to send my money to a forum member than a company like MJS. Nothing against them just my preference. Let me know when you're ready for them. They are sitting in a box, wrapped in packing paper and ready to go! :grin2:

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Do you by chance have any other 06-08 headers there so that I won't be without a bike for a few weeks? Then send you mine out after. Thanks. Figure it's worth a shot.
As soon as I get the set back from island boy, then yes I'll have an extra set of 06-08. Hoping he'll be shipping them back soon. (Wink wink, hint hint)

·
Registered
689 Posts
As soon as I get the set back from island boy, then yes I'll have an extra set of 06-08. Hoping he'll be shipping them back soon. (Wink wink, hint hint)
CRAP! I was dealing with buying a new house, and this totally slipped my mind (among many other things). I have tomorrow off, I will try to cut it up and get it shipped out!

Seems like you've been pretty tight on time anyway, so hopefully I haven't been holding you up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
What year is your bike? I think I have a spare 06-08 header, and working on buying an 09-12. I could weld one up and send it to you, and have you return yours to me.
still need an 09-12 header? i have an extra that i was planning on sending you so i had no down time, but the money just isn't there right now. if it would help you out let me know. Regardless hopefully in the next month or 2 ill be able to get my spare header or the one on my bike to you.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Alright guys, the craziness that is my life is starting to return back to normal.

Race Season = Over :crying: Was hoping to make the WERA GNF, but engine troubles aren't going to allow it. Just don't have the $$ to get a new engine right now.

The headache that is planning a wedding and getting married = Over :laugh2:

Back from my honeymoon and taking this weekend to relax, but Monday will be back to the grind. I'm currently out of merge collectors and I'll be putting in an order on monday for 5-6 more so I can get back to welding. Thanks for being patient with me, I'm just a guy doing this on the side and working 50+ hours a week on top of it.

P.S. to all the single guys out there. If some day you're getting married and your family (or hers) offer you the opportunity to have a wedding or take some money and elope, take the money and run!

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Congrats on all the life changing events man! Before you know it, years will pass and you won't know where the time has gone. 12 years married and still feels like honeymoon! I fortunately didn't plan a wedding but that vow renewal is just the same!

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
P.S. to all the single guys out there. If some day you're getting married and your family (or hers) offer you the opportunity to have a wedding or take some money and elope, take the money and run!
First mistake right there my friend.. >:)

So you going to do the 13+ headers anytime soon?

Reactions: Avanti

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
....P.S. to all the single guys out there. If some day you're getting married and your family (or hers) offer you the opportunity to have a wedding or take some money and elope, take the money and run!
^ Falls in line with Neanderthal's "Take it to the bank" advice for the young and dumb:

1. Get married by the Justice of the Peace for under $50.
2. Get a Vasectomy before you turn 21.
3. Get cremated and skip the funeral or anything involving a funeral home.

81 - 100 of 138 Posts