Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All & Happy New Year.

General help needed. Having dropped the bike late last year (on the RHS) my crash protection did the job nicely. My question is, can you purchase replacement bobbins only or do you have to go for the complete sets again? It's all R&G and I need fork, main fairing and spindle replacements.

Also if anyone has got a RHS Rear footrest and RHS Mirror they want shifting give me a shout.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I would send R&G an email see if the sell the separately instead of a whole set but that would depend on the bolts being bent or damaged in anyway.
As for the footrest and mirror i would try fleabay

happy newyear and catch you later m8:thumbup:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I can confirm that R&G sell half-kits including the bolts to replace one side only. Call them direct; they were very helpful, accepted card payment and the kit was delivered next day when I needed a replacement (thankfully not for my bike).
If your old bungs aren't completely trashed, it's worth ebaying them - someone'll have them for a track bike.
Cheers,
Simon

·
Registered
87 Posts
i have a main bobbin & bolt left over from breaking my bike , pretty sure its r&g , not sure which side (have both but one is chewed ). will have a look & let you know on friday.will stick it in post if its any good. cheers , john

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the replies all. I spoke to R&G and yer spot on Simon thanks. They can supply individual bobbins as required. Sourced new brake levers through T3-Racing, always good.

So I'm just left with the damaged tail section. Problem is I don't know what I'm doing with the bike yet. I was originally going to sell it (when it was in mint condition) and buy an actual track bike and trailer (like an R6). Now I'm thinking I should just keep my 675 and use it. 4 year old this year, I've owned it since new and now it's been dropped once what the hell! Decisions Decisions.

Kingbell, did you know Knockhill have a trackday club this year. £55 for the year gets you a pre-season 1 hour track session, 10% discount on all other trackdays and some vouchers for loads a bacon rolls! Something like that anyway, seems like a good deal if yer gonna do a few.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I got the email about the club sounds like a good idea.But i was speaking
to a mate at work about it and told me to hang off buying one because
his mate was doing trackdays this year and would maybe get a better deal
doing them through him( forgot his name) but i will keep you posted on this m8.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Cheers for the replies all. I spoke to R&G and yer spot on Simon thanks. They can supply individual bobbins as required. Sourced new brake levers through T3-Racing, always good.

So I'm just left with the damaged tail section. Problem is I don't know what I'm doing with the bike yet. I was originally going to sell it (when it was in mint condition) and buy an actual track bike and trailer (like an R6). Now I'm thinking I should just keep my 675 and use it. 4 year old this year, I've owned it since new and now it's been dropped once what the hell! Decisions Decisions.

Kingbell, did you know Knockhill have a trackday club this year. £55 for the year gets you a pre-season 1 hour track session, 10% discount on all other trackdays and some vouchers for loads a bacon rolls! Something like that anyway, seems like a good deal if yer gonna do a few.
JayQ What colour is your bike? If you want a tail section I can put you in touch with the guy who buys all the bodywork from T3 Racing when we strip them for The Triumph Triple Challenge.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've bought a half kit from a dealer before so I know you can definitely get hold of them. I know R&G have started a trade-in type thing where you send in your damaged ones too. I guess they can reuse the material or something?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I purchased a replacement rear spindle bobbin from R&G direct (although I wish I'd just bought the set now, £20 for the bobbin or £30 for the set). They said I could not purchase a replacement fork bobbin? So I just cleaned it up.

@Spartan, sorry for the delay in replying, just noticed. I repaired the tail section myself as she is going back out on track but thanks anyways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts