Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got my new fp lever set ( shorty) and got them fitted. Today was a nice day in Chicago so i rode to work for the first time since fitting them. When i came to park the bike up i noticed that the front wheel was a little hard to push around and looking at the brake lever noticed once i pulled it in it does not fully release ... meaning the front brake is left slightly engaged ..... hope this makes sense as its late and had a couple beers....:whistle:any idea's??

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hopefully you didnt have those beers before you installed the lever, sounds like you installed it wrong. Maybe overtightened the bolt and its sticking? I would start over and reinstall it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have new Pazzo replica levers and noticed this after installing too. When pulled in hard it doesn't release enough to disengage the tail light limit switch. If you loosen the screw and nut it helps. Maybe need to sand a bit of metal off to give it some more room to move.

·
Registered
103 Posts
When i put my pazzo knock offs on i used some assembley lube just incase of such incident, also it will slow the wear of the levers as metal on metal sliding will eventually wear them down

·
Registered
112 Posts
If it's slowing lever movement to the point where it doesn't fully return no amount of lube will help.

You need to loosen the nut as a minimum. If the nut is too loose when the lever operates normally the best way is to remove a bit of material on the underside of the lever and replace so that it operates satisfactorily with the nut tight. By all means apply some lube at this stage too to further aid operation of the lever.

Lastly, remember it's dangerous to ride the bike like this, when the lever doesn't fully disengage the brake pads they will build heat in your brake fluid and make your brake harder to pull. Worse still, it can lock your front wheel and if ridden long enough warp your brake discs.

Just my 2c.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Please make sure you install this correctly any issues can lead to the front brake locking up and causing an accident. Please use your best judgement and contact the manufacturer if you are having any issues regarding this problem.
Please also be aware that knock off levers don't always have a 100% fit and finish and who knows about QC and how close things are monitored.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The levers are fp racing....not knock-offs and i'm pretty sure i fitted them correctly... cant think how i could screw it up...... but you never know. Slipping the lever into the mount was kinda tight and to get the top screw was as well. I'll try loosening it a little and se if it helps.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok so i loosened the brake lever and lubed the hell out of it and now it releases enough to disengage the brake light. But then it does not spring forward all the way i can push it forward maybe half an inch????? So then next time i grab the front brake i get nothing for the first half inch then it starts to brake.....kinda annoying. If i shave some of the brake lever off what should i use....will it help...any input appreciated . Thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts