Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a site called Spokeo that's a new online USA phone book w/personal information: everything including pics you've posted on the web, your credit score, home value, income, age, etc., etc.. Remove yourself by searching your name, find the URL of your page, copy it, then go to the bottom right corner of the page and click on the Privacy button to remove yourself. You have to put your URL in the box then follow simple instructions.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
WTF! How is this even legal? They even have how long I've lived in my house, the amount it's worth and if you buy into their shit people can see my wealth and what I make and who signs my paycheck!!! This is ridiculous. Thanks for bringing this up to us. I'm taking this site to the Operation Security guys on base and see if they can do something about this. Worth a shot.

·
Registered
601 Posts
hahaha i dont exist according to them. my whole family says theres only three of us (me being the fourth). I wonder how it gets names... maybe facebook or email info?

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
CRAZY! Just did mine and my wife's profile and it was easy. Thanks for the heads up on this.

This is exactly why a lot of the guys in my squadron don't have online profiles. I had one guy when he went through SERE training, the instructors got all his information before he even showed up and they used that against him. Talking about how they were going to his house while his wife was alone, blahblahblahblah and it got to him mentally. He did manage to get through the course but man that is just creepy!

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Yeah I had a buddy of mine show me this. It had me, but the information was not to correct, but removed it anyways. Sites like these should be banned, but it would be hard to stop them.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Thanks dude. Removed my info and will be forwarding this post to all my friends and family ;)

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
It had me as a woman with a 1.4 million dollar house.

Niether of these are true. :toetap05:

-Removed - Also removed my parents, and my brother while I was at it.

·
Registered
769 Posts
It said my dead grandma lives with me.:laugh:

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I'm Married and my condo is worth 204K--Both Wrong...

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's nice when people find these site and share, for this I thank you. It's hard enough to find my place with an address I'm so glad Spokeo added Google street view.

·
Grand Poobah!
3,030 Posts
Yep lot of info out there.. Alot of these sites use the same exact sources, for instance you will see the company intelius alot, as they provide alot of the pay for services. But some provide alot of info without paying

so you always have to be careful what you say on the internet these days.. employers are now starting to check your social pages for illegal, immoral or other harmful type of comments than can, and will get you fired.

this page is just as thorough if not more.
http://www.123people.com

another site is.
http://www.kgbpeople.com/

·
Banned
941 Posts
LOL.....this site's been around for a long time. IIRC, there was a CNN article that said that nothing about it was illegal since everything posted was public information (and you can choose to remove yourself).

What I found interesting is that I can't find myself, but can easily find my brother and parents information. I'm easily the most active in the online community and business worlds, but there isn't a single trace of my existence on that site. Ironically my father who never uses a computer/internet and hardly has anything under his own name can easily be found as well with basic information.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts