Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just wanting to pick your collective brains to get a good idea of pricing.

I am after a '09 Daytona in Tornado Red, preferably with an Arrow slip on. Don't care too much about any other accessories.

Will be looking for one that's had somewhere between 1,000 and 10,000 km on the clock over the coming months.

Few questions:
1. How much do you think I should actually look at paying for one with the exhaust?
2. After having a look around I see some advertised between the 13-14k mark. Are these prices realistic?
3. How much cheaper should the actual sale price be than the asking price on sites like Bikesales? I don't want to piss anybody about by 'low balling'.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Ty

·
Registered
712 Posts
Aftermarket parts don't add value to bikes. The only way they add a value to it is if something you really want and are willing to pay extra instead of doing it yourself. Some people, not many on here are willing to pay extra because there to lazy or don't know how. Only place I really see that is with gixxer owners. Haha

Hey guys,

Just wanting to pick your collective brains to get a good idea of pricing.

I am after a '09 Daytona in Tornado Red, preferably with an Arrow slip on. Don't care too much about any other accessories.

Will be looking for one that's had somewhere between 1,000 and 10,000 km on the clock over the coming months.

Few questions:
1. How much do you think I should actually look at paying for one with the exhaust?
2. After having a look around I see some advertised between the 13-14k mark. Are these prices realistic?
3. How much cheaper should the actual sale price be than the asking price on sites like Bikesales? I don't want to piss anybody about by 'low balling'.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Ty

·
Registered
480 Posts
a bike (or car) is only worth what someone will pay for it.

Having said that, the asking prices that you mentioned is about what i have seen. I noticed that there was quiete a lot of the older 675s on bikesales, plenty with low km's if you looking for something below the 12k mark.

Havent been to a dealer lately, but im assuming on road new youd be up for about 16k or so. So yeah, 12-14 for a 09 model dependant on k's seems like a alright deal.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aftermarket parts don't add value to bikes. The only way they add a value to it is if something you really want and are willing to pay extra instead of doing it yourself. Some people, not many on here are willing to pay extra because there to lazy or don't know how. Only place I really see that is with gixxer owners. Haha
Cool... so an '09 with arrow pipe should be worth the same as or only a little more than the same bike without the pipe? This also applies if the original is supplied with the bike I assume?

a bike (or car) is only worth what someone will pay for it.

Having said that, the asking prices that you mentioned is about what i have seen. I noticed that there was quiete a lot of the older 675s on bikesales, plenty with low km's if you looking for something below the 12k mark.

Havent been to a dealer lately, but im assuming on road new youd be up for about 16k or so. So yeah, 12-14 for a 09 model dependant on k's seems like a alright deal.
Yeah, I noticed there are a tonne of 06-08 bikes for sale second hand (57 of them), but only a handful of 09+ (7 of them) in Aus.

I think new on the road is about $14800 now due to the exchange rate. This may make is a bit more difficult for me as most '09 owners would have paid over $2000 more than the current RRP when their bike was new.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Tyneol your right about the exchange rates (dont even get me started). If dealers and retailers passed on the saving they have achieved (ie more than 30% saving on USD AND the EUR!) a lot of things would be alot cheaper.

Good to hear triumphs have moved a little with the exchange.

Back OT, if i had the choice to buy a second hand bike for 13-14k (pipe or not) and new bikes are $14,800 then its a no brainer in my opinion.

I was faced with a similar situation when i bought, and i took the extra warranty and the spankers new bike... and would do again and again...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe I am best off buying an ex-demo 2010 model then and buying an exhaust later on? I guess I could get an ex-demo 2010 for $13500-14000... I think I would get full warranty on it?

I just worry that test riders would rev the ring out of it so the kms the bike has on it would be tough ones... not ideal for a bike being run in?

What is the general opinion on buying ex-demo?

·
Registered
712 Posts
demo bikes arent that big of a deal at least here in the states. before they get sold they get a full inspection, and you still recieve the warranty. so if anything does happen its covered. and as for the pipe on it, no the bike shouldnt be more, but sometimes it will be. it just depends on how bad you want it already on there or not. like i said, some people are willing to pay more so they dont have to do it thereselves. thats something your going to have to think about with yourself. but then again you take into consideration someone adds 500 bucks to the price with the exhaust on it, but its going to cost you 1500 bucks for the same part aftermarket, i think the better deal would be to suck up that 500 and save the extra 1000 in the long run. but thats just me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts