Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I am selling my Triumph Tiger 1050 to move to something lighter and more nimble. Took a test drive of the ST3 and loved it. I am now considering buying one to keep company to my Tuono and Bonnie.

Local dealer where I also bought my Tiger a few years back, has 2 '10 STR. I really love the orange color (my Tiger is orange as well). I was quoted $9K (which includes freight and handling/prep) plus tax. How does that sound?

Inputs welcome...

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
$9k otd is a pretty good deal. If they are offering you that immediately I would still undercut it by a bit, haha. I was $10,800 OTD with my 09' R but had the Visor, flyscreen, hugger, spools, Tankbag and tailbag all included in that deal. I thought I did pretty good then, though better deals are to be had since that was a first year R model.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$9K does not include sales taxes. In Texas that is another $600.

I will see if I can get a few accessories thrown into the deal and some heavy discounts on the arrow pipes. I had the arrows in my two prior triumph and I love the quality and sound.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got a 2010 R in December for $8250 OTD, but I had to pay my state sales tax on it when I licensed it, which added another $500. May have been some type of year end deal though, as my local dealers would not take anything below $9500 OTD.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I got a 2010 R in December for $8250 OTD, but I had to pay my state sales tax on it when I licensed it, which added another $500. May have been some type of year end deal though, as my local dealers would not take anything below $9500 OTD.
Nice find!

To the OP, that price sounds about average. Like you said, see if they can get a deal on some Arrow pipes, otherwise shop around some more.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not bad, here orange isn't as popular so it's usually more negotiable in price. In CA I got a 2011 for 9600 plus tax (included rear hugger and shipping - a $600 value). For me it was worth the extra to get the color I wanted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
see your in frisco. you going down to rpm for this, or somewhere different?
$9K does not include sales taxes. In Texas that is another $600.

I will see if I can get a few accessories thrown into the deal and some heavy discounts on the arrow pipes. I had the arrows in my two prior triumph and I love the quality and sound.
Yes it is... they have a grey and an orange available. They will also carry over some pre-paid maintenance (first 2 services) which I had left on the Tiger (bought from them). Tiger sold yesterday, and I already miss it :rofl:

Thank all for the reply... seems somewhat fair but nothing exceptional. I'll see if I can get a few accessories included. May close d=te deal this weekend.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That's cheap!

Folks like me outside of the states pay for import and luxury taxes that add another $1000 - $2000 for the SAME BIKE! :angry:

Cheers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts