Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my bike and have been out of work ( I can only work union jobs ) I’ve put about 6000 miles on my Daytona in 2 months or so. She at about 17000 and a few track days, next one is next week. At that kind of mileage with a fair amount of abuse what should be looking for problems wise or routine maintenance-wise. The bike runs great but have a possible gasket leak somewhere, not enough oil leaks from the gasket to have to refill between changes but enough I have to wipe off the side of the engine after a hard ride. My oil looked a little cloudy after my last track day when I changed it ( I was told head gasket or water pump seal ). Any advice? Will a slowly leaking head gasket or sump cause me major problems?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Running an engine on the street with an oil/coolant mixture isn't the best idea, doing it on the track is way worse. Compression test it to rule out the head gasket and fix the issue. I had a very minor external leak for about 3 years before I finally figured out that oil was being pulled up through the stator/cps wire grommet. A lot of swearing and a bit of sealant and shrink tubing later the problem was resolved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts