Triumph 675 Forums banner

Powerlet install on Street Triple

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Neanderthal 
#1 ·
I installed a Powerlet receptacle on the Street Triple today. Fellow forum member Rincewind has a similar install and provided the location idea. :grin:

Powerlet # PKT-046-48

But I think Powerlet assembled the wiring with the wrong polarity:

Could anyone out there with a Powerlet please check their unit out and confirm the wiring?

See less See more
#3 ·
Very convenient location. :cool2:
I've known all the guys at Powerlet for many years and they are very helpful and knowledgable. (I live about 4 miles from their headquarters.)
I also recently finished a Powerlet installation on my 675. It's in the "How To" portion of our "Maintenance" section.

#4 ·
After I posted this I realized it probably is in the wrong forum section. :noclue: If a Moderator thinks it belongs somewhere else, please feel free to move as appropriate.

There's not many mounting options on the Street Triple, lol. I run Autocom from my tank bag, and hope to supply power to a camera in the future as well, so an outlet up front seemed to be the best solution. Plus, I don't want a wire crossing my body or leg. Installing it in the radiator shroud was a simple and clean job. Powerlet stuff isn't the cheapest out there, but I think it's the best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.