Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Powerlet receptacle on the Street Triple today. Fellow forum member Rincewind has a similar install and provided the location idea. :grin:

Powerlet # PKT-046-48

But I think Powerlet assembled the wiring with the wrong polarity:

Could anyone out there with a Powerlet please check their unit out and confirm the wiring?

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sent Powerlet an email (along with photo link) last night, and received an email back today that the part was indeed wired incorrectly (red wire should go to center terminal). They are sending me a replacement - that's fast service! :thumbup:

·
MacGyver / BOTM / BOTY Winner
1,253 Posts
Very convenient location. :cool2:
I've known all the guys at Powerlet for many years and they are very helpful and knowledgable. (I live about 4 miles from their headquarters.)
I also recently finished a Powerlet installation on my 675. It's in the "How To" portion of our "Maintenance" section.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After I posted this I realized it probably is in the wrong forum section. :noclue: If a Moderator thinks it belongs somewhere else, please feel free to move as appropriate.

There's not many mounting options on the Street Triple, lol. I run Autocom from my tank bag, and hope to supply power to a camera in the future as well, so an outlet up front seemed to be the best solution. Plus, I don't want a wire crossing my body or leg. Installing it in the radiator shroud was a simple and clean job. Powerlet stuff isn't the cheapest out there, but I think it's the best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts