Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Per request, here are a couple quick photos of my headlight bowls, powdercoated Black, leaving the trim rings chrome. It's a clean look that I first saw on old Honda CB cafe racers, such as the one below. I can take better photos outdoors, but I just have my cell phone camera handy right now. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
Thanks for the pics. That RSD looks pretty amazing.
Would love to see more pics of your bike... especially wider ones where the headlights are visible as well as more of the bike (like in the other pics).

I definitely want to get my bowls pc'ed... Undecided about the rings.

How difficult is the removal of the bowls?

Scott

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Me likey :thumbup: I like the chrome ring too, makes it look more like a factory part for some reason. Good job. Oh, and please tell me your bike is in the living room of your house.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Powdercoating that upper and lower yoke assembly would be icing on the cake. :nod: Especially on my R that already has black forks.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the pics. That RSD looks pretty amazing.
Would love to see more pics of your bike... especially wider ones where the headlights are visible as well as more of the bike (like in the other pics).

I definitely want to get my bowls pc'ed... Undecided about the rings.

How difficult is the removal of the bowls?

Scott
You're welcome. My cell phone camera doesn't have a flash so distant photos look terrible unless I'm in the sun.

I did this a couple months ago, but I don't recall the headlight removal being difficult at all. Unscrew this, unbolt that, put it back together.

I've seen a white Striple with white bowls and rings and it was pretty cool. I'd also seen a Phantom Black with black bowls and gold rings, and to be honest, I wasn't really a fan of that look.

I haven't seen used light bowls for a decent price pop up very often on eBay or classifieds, but if I can get my hands on an extra pair of Striple headlights, I'd like to try having them done in Black Chrome to match the rims on my Bimmer. I think that would be a pretty cool look. :coolgleamA:

Me likey :thumbup: I like the chrome ring too, makes it look more like a factory part for some reason. Good job. Oh, and please tell me your bike is in the living room of your house.
Thank you. Yes, I park my bike inside the house. Best place to keep her! The car and other useless junk go in the garage... :laugh:

Powdercoating that upper and lower yoke assembly would be icing on the cake. :nod: Especially on my R that already has black forks.
My 09 Jet Black Striple has a silver Triumph logo on the tank, so the chrome accent piece works well and I decided to keep my triple trees the stock silver to complement the logo and the silver surround on the clocks. I toyed around with the idea of getting them coated a dark gunmetal color, but opted against it because I like the muted gold forks on my standard Striple but didn't like the dark grey/gold combo. On your R with black forks, I think black yokes would look good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.