Triumph 675 Forums banner

Powdercoat recommendations NY area

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ricracer16 
#1 ·
Anyone know any places to get my subframe powder coated?

Haven't decided if I wanted to do it yet

Taking apart the subframe looks like a pain in the ass, but if I do decide to, I'd like to hear some recommendations for some places.

Live in LI, so would prefer something around the area

#2 ·
Where on LI?
There are tons of shops that powdercoat in suffolk.
Ultimate powder coating in Shirley has been around for ever.
First I ever heard of powder coating was when I delivered some parts to them when I work for a car dealer. That was like 25+ years ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Just had my subframe and a ton of other parts done off of my '14 Street Triple. Joe at Prodigy Performance Coatings in Fishkill did my work. I've used him multiple times. Great communication and great work.

Also, Tom at Espo's Powdercoating in Staten Island does good work too but can take a while due to them always having a ton of stuff in the shop.

#6 ·
Just had my subframe and a ton of other parts done off of my '14 Street Triple. Joe at Prodigy Performance Coatings in Fishkill did my work. I've used him multiple times. Great communication and great work.

Also, Tom at Espo's Powdercoating in Staten Island does good work too but can take a while due to them always having a ton of stuff in the shop.
thanks for the suggestion, but wayyyy too far for me. :frown2:

#5 ·
I haven't personally used them yet but charlies chop shop in Queens has a just renovated shop that I've been meaning to go to. My coworker took her rims there and they look top notch. I'll post pictures later. They also have a stand at the Motorcycle show at the Jacob Javits every year with all their custom bikes, impressive stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.