Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Took a bunch of parts off the bike and cleaned 'em up to go for a nice little powder coating. Any one here know of places around me? I live in Toledo, Ohio and work in Findlay (50min south) so anywhere within 30min or so to Michigan, Cleveland, where ever. Any good places, please chime in! Thanks!

Ps. I just used degreaser and dawn soap to clean the parts up as best as possible. Anything else needed?

PPS. I know about NJcustom on here, just looking for prices and distance to match up. Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ps. I just used degreaser and dawn soap to clean the parts up as best as possible. Anything else needed?
I don't think you have to worry too much about cleaning up the parts. I've sent parts from a 40 year old car to be powdercoated and they bead or sandblast the parts prior to powdercoating. I've always been under the impression that prep work on the parts is included in the price

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I've become impatient and just decided to go with NJcustom on here. I've seen pics of other stuff hes done so. He just told me too that I didn't need to worry about cleaning them up. Over an hour bending over the tub for nothing! oh well!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I got a question on PC too...my PC guy told me to remove the gear lever and brake lever from the rearsets, but the allen screw is a PITA to remove. I tried torching it with no luck and not im just strippin the inside. I tried metric and standard allen wrenches.

Any tips on what I can do to alleviate this problem.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts