Triumph 675 Forums banner
821 - 840 of 871 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow, Benisuzume! That is totally drool worthy.

Knew I shoudda gone with the matte black...
Thanks! I love the matte black too! All I ever see are the white ones, to the point that I almost wondered if there was issue I didn't know about with the matte black. I ride year around, rain or shine, so I knew the white one would take up all my free time just keeping it nice looking (though I have to say, it's the only white bike I've ever liked even a little bit). The matte black is the weirdest finish, though. Fingerprints not only show up well, but only come off with a dry, lint free cloth and friction (lots). No liquid that I feel comfortable with putting on the fairings seem to want to take them off. Just means I use gloves when doing any maintenance that has me handling the matte black areas.

I still find myself just sort of staring at it sometimes in disbelief that it's really mine. Black or white, it's still the most amazing motorcycle I've ever ridden. Now, if only Spring would arrive. I feel like I'm ice skating on those Supercorsa's in this terrible cold weather.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Benisuzume said:
The matte black is the weirdest finish, though. Fingerprints not only show up well, but only come off with a dry, lint free cloth and friction (lots). No liquid that I feel comfortable with putting on the fairings seem to want to take them off. Just means I use gloves when doing any maintenance that has me handling the matte black areas.
Get hold of Putoline Matt Wax. It is superb. I use it on my Matt Graphite Street R.

Well, this isn't a Daytona but it IS an R so technically I don't think I'm breaking the rules. (If mods wanna move it or delete it then feel free).

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wizards makes a matte finish detail spray. It definitely works. Before I found this I used rubbing alcohol.

821 - 840 of 871 Posts