Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Having some issues up shifting. I know there is a common issue with the pivot plate on the 13+. Bike cuts out like it should but the shifter hits a wall and the bike doesn't shift. This only happens at high rpms around town or a light pull and its fine.

I do have attack rearsets in reverse shift, and today I did just change my shift rod out. Below are a few photos of everything just in case.

And a video:

Should I fool around with my shift linkages or is that pretty much a pivot plate issue?

Side note: This bike was bought brand new this year with no miles, it now has 3400k

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It looks like your rod is not 90 degrees to the arm. Rotate your lever on the splines clockwise one or two teeth.
The OEM rod at that position was 90* but now since I swapped in the longer rod it seemed to mess that up. Got a square out and measured between the two. The one that lines up the marks has fixed the problem.

I have a track day coming up in Aug so I think ill grab the kit from triumph since its cheap and keep it with me just in case. Thanks for your help :grin2:

I see you're also in NY, If you live near Suffolk county let me know so I can get you a beer.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have aftermarket rear sets (GiaMoto) and the connection to the shift spindle is not at 90º. Still, the bike shifts beautifully. The key difference is I have the Sato shift shaft spindle support installed.

x

·
Registered
3 Posts
no I hear the engine cutting but the gear doesn't engage
My research from around the internet and forums suggests this is a known pivot plate issue, to be fixed by a new pivot plate from Triumph or aftermarket from Apex. I have the same issue, won't shift from 3rd to 4th at high rpm >10k on the straights at track. I just ordered parts from my dealer, will arrive in a few weeks. Will work on it the next few months so won't have an update until next Spring.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My research from around the internet and forums suggests this is a known pivot plate issue, to be fixed by a new pivot plate from Triumph or aftermarket from Apex. I have the same issue, won't shift from 3rd to 4th at high rpm >10k on the straights at track. I just ordered parts from my dealer, will arrive in a few weeks. Will work on it the next few months so won't have an update until next Spring.
hey so I just finished working on the bike, I changed the pivot plate, the detent wheel and spring. i recommend u get those too. feels way better now

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ahh, good to know! Did you stay OE or aftermarket pivot plate, detent wheel and spring? I have OE parts on order...
I got the upgraded detent wheel and a new pivot plate, plus a shift shaft seal since it was leaking from there. and a spring in there too. i got the return spring but I didn't feel like changing it since it was the same thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts