Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do everyone. I wonder if anyone could help. I’ve noticed a few drops of oil under the bike on the road. I think I’ve narrowed it down to a breather pipe behind the coolant bottle! Is this common? Anyone know on possible fixes?

cheers
Andy

·
Registered
273 Posts
How do everyone. I wonder if anyone could help. I’ve noticed a few drops of oil under the bike on the road. I think I’ve narrowed it down to a breather pipe behind the coolant bottle! Is this common? Anyone know on possible fixes?

cheers
Andy
Hello
I would start with an introduction: what bike model / year are we taking about? Mileage?
Also a few pics would help.
Many possible sources around the area of the breather hose including oil pressure switch, speed sensor, breather hose, breather cover gasket …

Oil leaks are pretty common occurrences with all motorcycles. We’ve seen oil leaking from just about anywhere you can imagine. Cracked pipes, loose fittings, shriveled up gaskets, dried up O-Rings.
The fix is to find the leak and make appropriate repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point. I’ll go and try grab some pics in a tick. It’s on a 2014 striple R with about 12k on the clock. Fully serviced and up to date. I’ve checked and all seems to be clean and oil free under the bike and from
What I can see the breather pipes are the culprit!

cheers and all the best.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m going to try and take it down to a garage for them to look at. When I dab my finger in the drops it smells like oil and similar colour! What ever it is is coming from the breathers!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did you wash the bike well before looking for a leak? Finding a leak source on a dirty machine isn't efficient.

Are you sure that it was oil that was underneath?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts