Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying one to tool around on a local mini track here in Riverside (Adams Cart Track).

Check it out:
http://www.minipocketrockets.com/super-pocket-bikes-x19/

If you destroy the little guy you're only out about a thousand dollars. :laugh:

Cuss and discuss...:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I had a roommate back in the day with one of those dismantled on the floor of the kitchen. Never got to ride it but always thought it would be a blast.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I think they're fun. I would love to ride/race them in a parking lot, closed course, etc.

However I am dead set against them where I live. Too many shitheads ride them on the street without regard for other traffic. I have seen at least one Darwin award handed out by a faultless driver. I could care less if they kill themselves, but it costs everybody $$ when they do. It's the same, busa buying, wheelie in traffic, 110 on the shoulder mindset of course, but at 1/20th of the price.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Like Pit Bikes, they get a bad rep because too many idiots ride them illegally in the wrong places.

Like Pit Bikes, the really cheap ones tend to be rubbish, the slightly more expensive ones can be okay.

Like Pit Bikes (sorry....) they are lots of fun and worthwhile if you go in eyes wide open and realise that you will be fixing, bodging and learning. 'Making the bike better' and keeping it going is part of the challenge and part of the fun in my opinion.

It still amuses me how many people buy these bikes, do no maintenance, and when the bike breaks, they throw it in the corner and swear about what rubbish it it. Seriously...for the money, what do you expect?

At well over 6 feet tall I am unable to fold myself up onto a Pocket Bike, but my daughter has an Atomik Nitrous 140 Pit Bike and I "occasionally" ride that. It's lots of fun, I enjoy riding it and I love working on it.

Hey, if you can fold yourself onto one of those Pocket Bikes and you're handy with the spanners ... do it!

O.B

·
Registered
701 Posts
If it were me... And it's not, but if I were looking for something such as this I would look at something like this http://www.qlinkmotor.com/products/gallery.php?pid=74. It is street legal as far as I know and I here they will come way down on the price from what is listed on that site.

Reason being, around where I live the Kart tracks will let you come in and race all day long(literally) for $10:eek:. A sport bike isn't going to be nearly as fun on such a tight track IMHO, whereas the pocket rocket is just going to be flat out dangerous on a bigger race track. Unless I'm missing something:hmm:? To each there own of course and Like Blue said come in with an open mind, be prepared to keep up with maintenance and you'll enjoy whatever you buy.

Here is a link to another forum thread about a member who bought one. There is some useful tips in there about how to set up "cheap" bikes like that.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it were me... And it's not, but if I were looking for something such as this I would look at something like this http://www.qlinkmotor.com/products/gallery.php?pid=74. It is street legal as far as I know and I here they will come way down on the price from what is listed on that site.

Reason being, around where I live the Kart tracks will let you come in and race all day long(literally) for $10:eek:. A sport bike isn't going to be nearly as fun on such a tight track IMHO, whereas the pocket rocket is just going to be flat out dangerous on a bigger race track. Unless I'm missing something:hmm:? To each there own of course and Like Blue said come in with an open mind, be prepared to keep up with maintenance and you'll enjoy whatever you buy.

Here is a link to another forum thread about a member who bought one. There is some useful tips in there about how to set up "cheap" bikes like that.
Thank you for your ideas 929 but my ideal budget is under $1k USD for a fun toy. :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
in the uk these bike are outlawed and can only be used on private land. if the police catch you riding on the street you can kiss it good by as it ends up in the crusher..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.