Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Triumph Daytona 675r
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm hoping someone can help me identify what this cut wire went to so I can restore it's function. It's on the clutch side (left) and from the main loom from the handlebar switches. Thank you
Tire Bicycle tire Crankset Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
265 Posts
Do you currently have a wire connected to your clutch switch? If not it looks like it could have been from that.
I was thinking that too but hard to tell from this photo.

Some bypass the clutch safety switch by making a permanent connection so they don't have to pull clutch in to start. Much conjecture about adviseability as some say the bike's ECU 'seeing' the clutch in all the time effects throttle map (see Gixxer forums).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking that too but hard to tell from this photo.

Some bypass the clutch safety switch by making a permanent connection so they don't have to pull clutch in to start. Much conjecture about adviseability as some say the bike's ECU 'seeing' the clutch in all the time effects throttle map (see Gixxer forums).
I'm not sure where the clutch switch is but can investigate. This was a track bike so it's needing some love lol. I will check if I can start it without the clutch in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you currently have a wire connected to your clutch switch? If not it looks like it could have been from that.
I went to start the bike and it starts up without pulling in the clutch. so that's the answer? I am trying to get this bike back to factory and cant seem to find where that wire was cut from (end location) Maybe in the switch housing? Thank you all

·
Race Team Sponsor
109 Posts
If you search for clutch safety switch, there are heaps of information, some say that on the 2nd Gen Daytona's and forward, that when you cut the clutch cable it will cut the power to the ECU therefore making less power. I have a first Gen so I can't say that it was anything that I noticed when I took the switch off of mine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you search for clutch safety switch, there are heaps of information, some say that on the 2nd Gen Daytona's and forward, that when you cut the clutch cable it will cut the power to the ECU therefore making less power. I have a first Gen so I can't say that it was anything that I noticed when I took the switch off of mine.
Interesting, thank you. I’m searching for a used switch assembly to restore the function

1 - 9 of 9 Posts