Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hate these things. Are there any better alternatives for them? I've been taking the side fairings off a couple of times and takes so long because of these damn things. The problem is that they don't come out when screwing. I have to either pry them or push them out. I feel it could be better with regular screws of some sort? Or maybe mine are just worn out and need replacing. What are your experiences with these? Found a picture of them online so you know which ones I'm talking about

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can try Dzus fasteners if the receiving side will fit the fairing. I have always made do with the plastic ones on my street fairings.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There's a few designs of plastic pop rivets out there. I don't have a part number for you, but if you measure the barrel width and length, you can order whatever style you prefer that is similar in dimensions. Or you can take one to compare over to your local automotive supply store (Napa, pep boys, etc) and match something up that you like better.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can try Dzus fasteners if the receiving side will fit the fairing. I have always made do with the plastic ones on my street fairings.
These look awesome however don't seem to fit without customization

There's a few designs of plastic pop rivets out there. I don't have a part number for you, but if you measure the barrel width and length, you can order whatever style you prefer that is similar in dimensions. Or you can take one to compare over to your local automotive supply store (Napa, pep boys, etc) and match something up that you like better.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
Good idea, i'll try that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts