Triumph 675 Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
I wanna re-hash this thread because I'm having the same problem with my new Pit Bull front fork stand. All of you guys who responded and showed pictures saying it just works obviously don't have a 2009+ model Daytona. You've probably got a 2008 or older, where the fork area was a bit different. The fork on my bike looks different than the pictures above. There isnt any recess for the higher peg on the stand to go in.

Here is a picture to show you what I mean. When I 'try' to line it up anyways, and start to lift, the pegs slide forward and fall off. It's sketchy.

Directions show this:

However, my bike does not have that nice 90 degree angle on the backside of my fork. It just kind of blends right into my caliper

Much different than this other guy who posted above saying how well it works on the Daytona. As you can see, his 2008 or older model does have an area for the stand pegs:

Also, as far as Pit Bull using the Daytona as an example for the front stand in that link above, they also used a 2008 or older model. I'd like to see how they do it with a 2009+.

Any suggestions?

· Registered
122 Posts
I talked to George at Pit Bull, and he said that with some various European higher-end bikes (the Triumph Daytona being one of them), it's a slightly different process to lift from the front fork.

Instead of lifting it like this:

He said to lift it like this:

Another pose :cool:

· Premium Member
2,955 Posts
That's the exact point we were making several pages back. Lift from the brake bosses...

· Premium Member
2,955 Posts
no worries... glad you got it sorted...

· Registered
2 Posts
For my 2012, I was having a little difficulty with prescribed methods in the previous photos. When I went to loosen caliper bolts, pinch bolts and axle, the forks rotated to easily and started sliding off the other side of the front stand.

So, I loosened all bolts before placing on front stand and tried again, better but still too easy to accidentally bump handle bars and slide off.

Then, I went with the alternative position recommended in my pitbull instructions for bikes like the BMW S1000RR.

Additionally, I put a jackstand with a long socket extension thru axle hole and a sling to the rafter. My redundancy because "things" happen. For example, a service woman at the local motoshop said an R6 was being help up by axle bolt on a stands, but the axle snapped.

Photo below:
Wood String instrument Headgear Musical instrument Personal protective equipment

21 - 29 of 29 Posts