Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found one (as requested) under the tree this morning :thumbup:
I wanted one because it's just quicker and easier to use than the "new front stand" from Pit-Bull (which I also have) when at the track and tossing on warmers. Not the point of the post anyway.

The point/question is:

I never really thought about the 675 having uneven forks at the bottom. The bike is pretty precarious on the fork lift stand, even worse when in the process of being lowered from it.
Am I missing something or it just the "way it is"?

· Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Lift the front from the caliper bosses (not the bottom of the forks) and you won't have any problems...:cool2:

· Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Not a Pit Bull stand, but you can get the idea from this picture... a pit bull will have two rubber coated pins, rather than one, but you just slide the stand back behind the bottom of the forks and use the caliper bosses to raise the bike. This eliminates the issue with the forks being different lengths below the axle.

· Registered
769 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^ thats exactly how mine works dont see how you could mess it up:rofl2:

· Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dunno - when i set mine like that the bike is unstable at best, if I set it under the bosses its a lot better. fork is like 1/2" shorter on the other side and the front end wants to turn and come off the stand as you lower it.

· Registered
769 Posts
maybe you should do some measuring to make sure oneside isnt taller/shorter than the other. mine fits perfectly

· Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
measure of what? the right side tube does not have the pinch bolts or the extended structure for them on the bottom. the stand itself is even.

would be interesting to see how the pads look/sit on the other side of the fork on fastbrit's bike when the left side is as pictured above.

· Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Madski,

Put both of the rubber pads on the brake bosses. Don't let either of them touch the bottom of the forks. Then give it a try. That should make the bike very stable.

Jeff

· Registered
769 Posts
heres some pics of mine :thumbup:

Attachments

· Registered
871 Posts
Possibly a stupid question, and definitely a thread-jack:
Why are our forks not level at the bottom? Is it just ours, or all sporties? Or all bikes?
Can you believe I've had mine since April and NEVER NOTICED ????
(No I didn't use the search button, flame away....)

· Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Our bikes only have pinch bolts on one side to prevent the axle from backing out. One side is really all you need. Probably an effort to save weight and reduce costs, I would guess.

I'm sure that there are other bikes out there that are made the same, but I don't know which ones.

· Registered
484 Posts
Madski,

Put both of the rubber pads on the brake bosses. Don't let either of them touch the bottom of the forks. Then give it a try. That should make the bike very stable.

Jeff
That's the way i've used my PitBull front on my 675 for 2 years. Zero problems and stable. I've sat on the bike with it on the stands many times too.

· Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Our bikes only have pinch bolts on one side to prevent the axle from backing out. One side is really all you need. Probably an effort to save weight and reduce costs, I would guess.

I'm sure that there are other bikes out there that are made the same, but I don't know which ones.
I believe some recent R6's are the same way.

Oddly enough Pit-Bull had a very interesting choice of bikes when doing the demo video for the stand: http://www.pit-bull.com/Images/forkliftguide.html :rofl2:

Mook - you should join us at Jennings in Februry - Dave's gig down there.

· Registered
257 Posts
It seems as if the OP's question has been answered so I have a couple questions of my own.

Did any of you guys buy the stand with the removable handle? If so, do you feel it was worth it for the extra few bucks, I figure all it's good for is saving some space?

· Premium Member
2,955 Posts
I have the New Front stand which lifts from the bottom of the triple tree and the Forward Facing Handle Rear stand.

The handle doesn't come off of either, but the forward facing handle on the rear makes it so you don't trip in the handle or have to work around it when changing out tires at the race track. I really like that feature of it. It is also much easier to balance the bike while putting it up on the stand than with a standard rear stand.

When working on a bike at the track, I find myself messing around at the rear of the bike more often than the front, what with chain adjustments and lubrication along with tire changes, so not having a stand that sticks out at the back seems like it is more of an advantage than a removable handle on a front stand would be.

As always... JMHO...

· Registered
1,394 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts