Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Great day for riding, terrible day for the mountain, had 4-5 accidents and 1 fatality yesterday, had a pretty freaky rear slide... decided that was enough, did however get some good shots:thumbup:
guys please be careful out there! shout out to sean (believe he's seandoe on here) hes got a super clean SE

enjoy! i will post up 1904's shots soon, and will make a highlight video and post it as well.

NEW FIXED VIDS [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkS32EW-Pi4"]YouTube - Triumph Daytona 675 on Palomar Mountain[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aqJA0T-1rc"]YouTube - Triumph Daytona 675 at Palomar Mountain[/nomedia]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Damn any info on the fatality?

NM found it:

The Decedent was a 62-year-old married Caucasian male who resided in a home with his wife in Valley Center. On the afternoon of 02/13/11, the decedent was the solo driver riding his 2011, Harley Davidson Roadking eastbound on SR 76, when he came out of a left bend in the road at a high rate of speed, went onto the grassy shoulder, lost control and crashed. He was ejected and the motorcycle caught on fire. An off duty paramedic called 9-1-1 and started cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Police responded to the accident along with the local fire department. Upon arrival, paramedics found the decedent pulseless and continued advanced cardiac life support measures. Unfortunately, they were unable to revive him and the death was pronounced. An examination will be tentatively scheduled for 02/14/11.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm surprised nobody's given you shit yet for riding with your visor up. Fine, I will. SQUID! :nana:

Quit riding Pally, save up for track days!
damn it paul... just appreciate it! i mean cmon i haven't even hit my 1 yr mark of riding:biggrinjester: but your right... i had the knarliest rear end slide iv'e ever had yet... called it a day.

Damn any info on the fatality?
right before the turnpike 76&southgrade road i saw a mangled harley and a body on a stretcher covered up... likely DOI as the chopper seemed inactive and noone was rushing around... didn't even know until i stopped to speak with rick, he was the one who informed me... i believe 2 of the 5 crashes(that i witnessed) needed medical attn.

i didn't push too hard... just itchin for turns! gotta get back to the track.

will be doing the Pendleton free trackday 26 feb... anyone ever done it... is it worth it, i hear its an airstrip cone track?

as always be safe out there guys, and wear your gear!

·
Registered
437 Posts
will be doing the Pendleton free trackday 26 feb... anyone ever done it... is it worth it, i hear its an airstrip cone track?

as always be safe out there guys, and wear your gear!
"free trackday" kind of says it all.

and i am not saying anything negative about it. just saying it is free and if i could be there i would be there. cannot beat the price...

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
I know a guy that's done the Pendleton track day a few times. He says it's nothing like Street or Buttonwillow obviously, but still totally worth it. Dude's name is Alberto, can't remember his last name, rides a naked blue SV650. If you see him tell him Paul from Privateers says hi!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know a guy that's done the Pendleton track day a few times. He says it's nothing like Street or Buttonwillow obviously, but still totally worth it. Dude's name is Alberto, can't remember his last name, rides a naked blue SV650. If you see him tell him Paul from Privateers says hi!
sure... paul, call me squid and ask a favor, fat chance

:biggrinjester: jk i'll be on the lookout... whens that race at chucky your doing again?

·
Registered
255 Posts
its free because its on base... and the marine corps is huge on motorcycle safety.
Damn straight they are about it lol. If you're a newb to riding there 2 classes and a simulator you have to take before you can go a buy a bike. Then experienced riders take a MSF class every 3 years. Its good shit though.

As for the track day there, you'll be at the flightline where the attack helicopter squadrons are based so you'll have a unique view lol. The surface is all concrete and mostly flat (if it's like Miramar), might have some waviness to it. One of my buddies rode there and low sided his F4i there and did mostly cosmetic damage to the tail and right side fairing. Up to that point he said it was pretty fun. There's a rumor going around the bases that the Corps might build a real track on Pendleton or Miramar. Taking it with a grain of salt but if it did come to fruition that would be a prime location for a track at a probably affordable price for riders.

Anyway, have fun! Wish I was there and not Afghan lol.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Damn straight they are about it lol. If you're a newb to riding there 2 classes and a simulator you have to take before you can go a buy a bike. Then experienced riders take a MSF class every 3 years. Its good shit though.

As for the track day there, you'll be at the flightline where the attack helicopter squadrons are based so you'll have a unique view lol. The surface is all concrete and mostly flat (if it's like Miramar), might have some waviness to it. One of my buddies rode there and low sided his F4i there and did mostly cosmetic damage to the tail and right side fairing. Up to that point he said it was pretty fun. There's a rumor going around the bases that the Corps might build a real track on Pendleton or Miramar. Taking it with a grain of salt but if it did come to fruition that would be a prime location for a track at a probably affordable price for riders.

Anyway, have fun! Wish I was there and not Afghan lol.
attack helicopters wowzerz batman!!!!... jk man... im in the corps im on pendleton... done all the courses, thanks for the input... i figured it would be a cone track and shitty i may just pass on it

·
Registered
828 Posts
Haven't been up there in a long time but here's one of me since I have been up there. I don't go as often as I use to when I started riding awhile back and now I'm just cruising around town and track :thumbup:

Sunday 02/27/11 at Buttonwillow with TI2TT :whistle:
are you going? I am...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 60 Posts