Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a new Verizon phone with the following features listed by importance.
-Thin
-Light weight
-Cheap (under $100)
-Gmail access
-Build quality
-Battery life
Thanks

·
Banned
941 Posts
Just wait till next month and get the iphone for verizon
NO.....this should be your LAST RESORT. I just read a Consumer Report article on this exact subject and it says that you should NOT get the iPhone. Verizon spent a lot of time building a fantastic 4G network. You CANNOT access 4G with the iPhone4.

Also, the OP said he doesn't want to spend a lot of money and the iPhone will be a lot more costly than $100. I would suggest the original Motorola Droid if you don't mind a phone that's slightly outdated (but will be free/super cheap and still very powerful). If you want to spend a bit more, Droid2 or Droid X.

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Just wait till next month and get the iphone for verizon
Bleh depending if you want a keyboard or not Verizon has a bunch of choices I suggest going into a store and looking to see what fits your needs. For under 100 dollars that is going to a tough one unless you are renewing your contract or something.

All the Motorola phones seem to be pretty solid, Droid 2 and Droid Pro both have keyboards just different shape, and then HTC Droid Incredible is a pretty good phone and of course the iPhone, but their 4G phones are coming soon.

I would wait a few months because there should be a bunch of new 4th Gen phones coming out that were shown at CES this year.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I won't be getting contract pricing btw.Just found a used HTC Droid Eris on craigslist for $60,supposedly 3 months old.Sounds like a good deal?

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
I won't be getting contract pricing btw.Just found a used HTC Droid Eris on craigslist for $60,supposedly 3 months old.Sounds like a good deal?
Its a pretty good phone defintely look it over when you go and look at it. Make sure nothign is broke and then also take the battery off and look to make sure no water damage.

here is a site I read a lot just to see what people think of products.

http://gdgt.com/htc/droid/eris/

Also I love my Moto Droid 1 good solidly built phone inside and out.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Isn't a droid $300+ without a contract? I would love to have something with android.

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Isn't a droid $300+ without a contract? I would love to have something with android.
They dont sell the Moto Droid anymore. It was the first phone they came out with that had Android on it. Now all you can get is Droid 2, Droid x and Droid Pro.

I bet you can find a used Moto droid somewhere on craigslist or even maybe eBay. Really a solid phone, what first impressed me about it is that it doesnt feel cheap like most phones can.

I have never been a fan of Apple so I stay away from the iPhone.

here i searched on ebay also

http://cell-phones.shop.ebay.com/Ce...dmpt=Cell_Phones&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
I will be the voice of dissent here and say to hell with the expense, get an iPhone.

I have one. Just about everyone I know and work with has one. Love 'em.

O.B

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a Droid Incredible. Nice phone but certainly no competition to the iPhone. Battery life is terrible if you use it for anything but phone calls. GPS drains the battery really fast. Verizon's 4G LTE is going to be fast if you live in coverage areas so you might want to wait a few more months for iPhone v5.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts