Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

New forum member here. I recently got into a 30mph low-side on the street with a careless driver(who, surprise, was uninsured and drove away). The bike itself had its gas tank ripped open and the front fairing/cockpit was damaged. However, other than that, it starts and rides just fine. No frame damage, no misalignment, none of that.

Things that need replacing:

- gas tank(done)

- cockpit nose fairing/windshield(thought this was done until I opened up the OEM replacement I bought which fits but is for PEARL WHITE and not Crystal White. Does not match up perfectly smh)

- Throttle grip/bar end + assembly.

However, it's been so hard finding used parts for a 2011 675R in Crystal White to build it back up. Like ridiculously hard, the newer models have a lot more parts available. I finally tracked down a Crystal white tank from a Street Triple R of the same year on eBay.

I have babied this bike since I got it, and in a cruel twist of fate, had just bought shiny new aftermarket parts(bubble windshield,etc) for it right before my crash. I no longer want to keep up with this bike due to the lack of parts availability and my lack of time.

Would y'all suggest parting it out or trying to sell it whole? I would prefer selling it whole but I wasn't sure if anyone would want to buy a 675R that has been in a minor low side and if so, what is a good price.

Stats about bike: '11 675R with 6k miles, has all OEM components, fresh tires. It's in Dallas...a place known for its taste of drag bikes :rolleyes:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Well no one can tell you how much time/money/effort to invest in a bike. Giving up on it and selling it or parting it out, whichever way you go, is a decision you will have to make.
That said, it seems IMHO to be a big over reaction to what sounds like a minor mishap and I would be very sad to hear that such a low mileage bike has been parted out for such a minor crash.
If it were mine I would go all out and keep her alive. But that’s just me.
Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
If I were you and looking to sell, I'd sell on track/race forum. Sounds like damage is nothing really. New track plastics and ready to go. I might be interested in it as track bike if price is right delivered to NOLA.

Won't your insurance cover this?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Honestly it only sounds like you have some cosmestic damage.. i agree with ramnakhle and would be a sin to part out a 6k mileage bike. I think it would be worth fixing up...you can always vinyl wrap plastics to make them match for cheap!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Way less work to fix it than part it out. I don't think it will lose value too much if you don't use OEM plastics ass long as they are not Chinese plastics off of ebay.

What other parts do you need I have some extra 2012 675r parts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Keep an eye on Ebay. I was able to find many parts for my pearl white 2011 but it takes patience.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
347 Posts
Always Part out

Cars, Bikes, etc are always worth more in Pieces

It comes down to time vs money. You can make quick cash selling it whole, but you can make more money over time if you part it out and wait.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Way less work to fix it than part it out. I don't think it will lose value too much if you don't use OEM plastics ass long as they are not Chinese plastics off of ebay.

What other parts do you need I have some extra 2012 675r parts
Agree with this - parting out takes time in itself, probably a lot more than just replacing the original damage and continuing to ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts