Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of doing the oxley highway. Anyone done it before, any direction preference?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Looks like a nice part of the world to ride in. Enjoy! :coolgleamA:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Thinking of doing the oxley highway. Anyone done it before, any direction preference?
avoid thunderbolts, it's turned into a goat track nowadays. We sort of zig zag up through the hunter then the coast. We always stay down at the pub at long flat or there's gingers as an option halfway across, or walcha is your other accom. option.

I'll be doing a trip up there mid January with a few of the boys, been way too long since I last got there.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My favorite love it The Oxley is a great ride Smooth and full of tight stuff then opens up past long flat heading west You wont be disapointed go both way

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did it last week.. or might have been the week before?... and would do it again in a heartbeat. Mate, you will love it .. It is by far my most favourite road..

You will shed a tear when you see the sign of a motorcycle swerving... Next 42kms.....

Mind the cops on the straight, they like to sit there for those who decide to give it a fist full...

Dorzun is right, Thunderbolts has been ruined by logging trucks... It's now turned into a bit of a dangerous road.

Damn it, I want to go... Can I come????? Jealous of your road trip....

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
If any of you dudes wanna come on our weekend just say so, the more the merrier. It'll be a three daya, friday - sunday. Saturday is spent doing lap after lap after lap, horrible way to spend the day too.

Looking at either 8 - 10th or following weekend, just waiting on some of the boys to get back to me on when they can make it.
then on the piss back at the pub

then on the piss back at the pub​

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tips guys. really looking forward to it. Dorzun - don't know if i can get away that weekend yet. will let you know.
happy new year everyone.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
that's cool, Looking at it is not going to be the 8 - 10th, forgot I have to run a car up to the wife who'll be at our holiday house that weekend. So most likely the following.

·
Banned
365 Posts
Im fucked up here. Are you talking C521 from Oxley (wangaratta) thru Whitfield/Mansfield?

*The first part has been resurfaced recently btw. Awesome ride.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We're talking about highway no. 34 from Port Macquarie to Walcha in New South Wales.

·
Registered
817 Posts
P1040074.JPG The signpost looks like that - made last year's calendar too :)

P1040076.JPG Minor sign alterations...

Thunderbolts was awesome but sounds like it has been torn up a bit now - the weather recently would not have helped either.

Gwydir Highway is pretty good too :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts