Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
First off, nice to see another TJ on here. Love mine almost as much as my Daytona.

My first ride was a 2011 Ninja that went from stock red/black/white to this. Great bike and wish I had room for both.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
No pictures, but my first ride was a 96 Honda magna. I sold that after 2 months for a 2001 triumph Daytona 955i. After crashing that, I bought an 08 675, then an 07 675 to be used as a track only bike!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yeah, well I am pretty sure that Ima get some flak for these pics LOL but oh well, well al know I made the smart choice and went to the R. Anyways Here ya go. My old bike-2006 gsxr 1000, Originally had the shitty Rizla team fairings on it, so after a bit, I repainted the tank and got a new set of fairings. Threw on a hotbodies Gp exhaust and some vortex rearsets, PCIII and that was about it. My first bike where I got most of my maintenance experience. Did everything myself except the actual painting of the tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
I dont know what it was about my sv but it was my favorite bike. set up properly it womped in the corners that and i got it for dirt cheap. didnt baby that thing one bit!
It's heavy, suspension wasn't very good, sucked on fuel, brakes weren't that great, and just sucked on the track. Frankly, I was surprised I was as fast on the track as I was with it (along with the other control riders).

About the only thing I liked was the engine on the street. Plus, the hydraulic clutch was a bitch. Never knew from one day to the next whether it would slip or not.

I would never consider saying that the SV1000 can womp the corners. It was decent, but never great. The daytona is far better in every way except torque from the engine. That's it. The SV could probably do better with a new front end, but I wasn't willing to drop the money on a budget bike that was never going to be very good. I put on a GSXR shock, but that only helped by making the rear end stiffer and reducing the tendency to run wide.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's heavy, suspension wasn't very good, sucked on fuel, brakes weren't that great, and just sucked on the track. Frankly, I was surprised I was as fast on the track as I was with it (along with the other control riders).

About the only thing I liked was the engine on the street. Plus, the hydraulic clutch was a bitch. Never knew from one day to the next whether it would slip or not.

I would never consider saying that the SV1000 can womp the corners. It was decent, but never great. The daytona is far better in every way except torque from the engine. That's it. The SV could probably do better with a new front end, but I wasn't willing to drop the money on a budget bike that was never going to be very good. I put on a GSXR shock, but that only helped by making the rear end stiffer and reducing the tendency to run wide.
The the hydro master/ slave sucked, I found it very in consistent ... But who uses the clutch anyway:whistle:. Still have spares lol. as for the suspension a zx eBay special in the rear, gold valves in front droped 7mm through the tripples and race tec springs transformed the handling. I've never been FAST at the track on it but the bike was very confidence inspiring and I wasn't afraid to lay it down. I can already tell the Daytona is superior in every handling aspect and I haven't even properly set up the suspension yet! Still, I feel my lap times will increase because it's soooo pretty :curtsey:. I've always wanted a sv650 for dedicated track bike but don't make it out enough to justify it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just a few of my bikes:

Current...

2009 Kawasaki KLX 250SF w/351 kit

2005 BMW K1200S

and past...

1999 Suzuki SV650N

1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100 with a ZZR1200 engine bored +2mm and turbocharged.

1990 Kawasaki ZX10

1990 Kawasaki Zephyr 550

1994? Kawasaki ZX11

2003 Kawaski ZRX1200

Others not pictured:

1997 Kawasaki ZX11
1985 Yamaha RZ350 Kenny Roberts edition(Yellow/Black)
1981 Suzuki GS450S

·
Registered
43 Posts
When I was 16, 2001 Suzuki TS50X

The old 2006 Honda XR125L6

The 2007 SV650S that I use to own.

my old 2001 CCM 604E SM

My old 2004 Suzuki DRZ400S

Last but not least, my old 2009 Triumph Street Triple

and the current Trumpet.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Have been on an '03 Daytona 955i for some time now. Pics soon..... Still waiting for my D675R to get here. It has 2 months now with the moving company :nomore:

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
1995 MBK Booster
1997 Aprilia RS 125
2001 Ducati 750 Sport ie
2007 Triumph 675 Daytona

Never looked back (and the crappy rearview mirrors don't help ! :biggrinjester:)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Still have my 675, my second bike is a vfr800 fantastic bike for long rides/trips.

Oh baby that is awesome!!!!

1 - 20 of 141 Posts