Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of an online OEM parts supplier in UK or USA that will ship to Oz without pre-charging for duty and GST?
I tried Bike Bandit but they want me to pay Duty and Tax even before they ship?
I need original parts not aftermarket and don't want to buy from PS!
What is the Duty rate anyway - if Customs charges?

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
You don't want to buy from PS? I don't blame you!

But in my experience the shipping/duties thing via Bike Bandit can be a pain, and they don't always offer the world's fastest shipping, either.

Sorry ... I buy a lot of aftermarket parts online OS but very few OEM. Maybe name the parts you're after in the Classifieds section here and see if a member has them?

O.B

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have dealt with Jack Lilley, actually it was [email protected], Kath that I exchanged e-mails with, and they provide an excellent service.

We, in Oz, don't pay the pommie VAT, and, so long as the price of the part is under a grand, we don't get charged GST here.:thumbup:

regards,CrazyCam

·
Registered
601 Posts
What is the Duty rate anyway - if Customs charges?
Trust me, you do not want to go there!

The actual money involved isn't killing, but the fart-arsing around that officialdom puts you though is not too funny.

I lost a whole day, being treated like some kind of criminal or terrorist, when the front forks and disc brake assembly for one of my bikes arrived at the international sorting office near Sydney.

regards,CrazyCam

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was hoping the insurance company would let me fix it myself - it's just replacing parts so we'll see. I need new handlebars, left hand grip, bar weight and screw, alternator cover, left passenger footpeg hanger and left passenger foot peg.
Some other things but they were not OEM.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ive just ordered some stuff off this place in the US.
communication so far is excellent! Just hope it all turns up!

http://www.pure-triumph.com/
Let us know how you go with them. Just had a look at the site and there are a few things I might consider purchasing. :cool2:

·
Registered
97 Posts
This Triumph shop in the UK has given great service to me on ome parts about 5 times now.
[email protected]
7 working days postage to your door (if peter stevens dont have part in Aus min 2 week wait)
Here are some prices i had off them 2 compare

1x Tube Spacer is £3.20
1x Tank Bolt is £1.40
1x Clutch Cover Gasket - £8.41
1x Timing Cover Gasket - £6.51
1x Balance Cover Gasket - £3.80
1x Alternator Cover Gasket - £11.08
3x Header Seals - £2.63 (each) £7.89
1x Sump Baffle Gasket - £10.18
2x Sump Oil Transfer Pipe O-Rings - £1.51 (each) £3.02
1x 2006 Oil Pressure Relief Valve - £14.89

Parts - £70.38.
Postage - £8:thumbup:

[email protected]

·
Registered
479 Posts
I was hoping the insurance company would let me fix it myself - it's just replacing parts so we'll see. I need new handlebars, left hand grip, bar weight and screw, alternator cover, left passenger footpeg hanger and left passenger foot peg.
Some other things but they were not OEM.
I have a pair of OEM passenger pegs for sale if you want them - $50 + postage
Send me a PM if you are interested

1 - 14 of 14 Posts