Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 1226 Posts

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so since I'm bored as hell during the day and there have been some requests for photoshopping different colors and things on bike, I figured we could have an official thread. If you know how to use PS, feel free to contribute as well.

This is mainly for changing colors on various bike parts, however I will do my best with changing parts. Not sure how well that will go though.

For reference, this is what I have done so far. Most of these were when I was planning on repainting my Daytona this winter, until it caught on fire:

If we get this going enough, maybe make this a sticky? For this to work I need others to help me out as well, though. I'll be creating a master .psd that I will try and upload to this thread for others to modify as well.

As of right now, I'm working on the 06-09 model with headlights. I will try and do a 06-09 track and an 09+ variant as well. It's a side profile for now as well:

List of things that can be changed (again, mainly color):
Front wheel
Rear Wheel
Subframe
Main Frame
Tank
Tail
Side Fairings
Nose fairing
Engine cover
Front fender
rearsets
passenger pegs
forks
shock
chain
front calipers
Heat Shield
Levers
Bar ends
Top Triple
Instrument cluster cover

For those of you who want to do it yourself but don't have photoshop skills, here are drawings for an 06-08 in street and track trim.

A folder for all of the photoshops I've done so far is here:

http://s838.beta.photobucket.com/user/arcticamt6/library/Photoshop Requests

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Crap that Corse one looks awesome.

Also, I can't believe that there are no pics of the Daytona in track kit from the obvious angles, at least not any good pics. Cloning all the parts out is neigh impossible!
I know. I'll be working on cloning all the stuff out so we'll see how it goes. For track, I need to clone out what, the mirrors, headlights, turn signals, plate holder, and passenger pegs, correct? Am I missing anything? I might try and work on a superbike tail version as well.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm thinking a bright yellow. Not the gold that comes stock. There's just something about the word "Daytona" that brings a bright, loud yellow color to mind for me. Kind of race inspired. If you catch my drift at all.
I like the two tone with the turquoise and black. Could you do that with the yellow? And with a black stock can on the back.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm thinking a bright yellow. Not the gold that comes stock. There's just something about the word "Daytona" that brings a bright, loud yellow color to mind for me. Kind of race inspired. If you catch my drift at all.
I like the two tone with the turquoise and black. Could you do that with the yellow? And with a black stock can on the back.

I did the pegs and cover in black as well. Looks better with them black.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just saw the edit. Want the front wheel yellow or black? This one will take me a few extra minutes because I gotta make a new layer for the exhaust.

·
Registered
601 Posts
wow you're fast! +1 to maybe making this one a sticky, but maybe in the modification forum?

also hokie you think you could make a tornado red tank and half of the upper and purple lower and tail?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well, I've always thought a black 675 w/ SE graphics (675 Triple on the fairing and Daytona on the bottom). So I'm thinking Black paint bright red decals and matching red wheels.
Black can
Black engine covers
Black rear sets
Red decals and wheels
Red or black? Calipers
Am I taking advantage of your time? Haha I'm sure you will have plenty of requests once others see this thread. Thanks Chief

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wow you're fast! +1 to maybe making this one a sticky, but maybe in the modification forum?

also hokie you think you could make a tornado red tank and half of the upper and purple lower and tail?
I figured more people would see it here. Almost done with the Track one.

Where do you want the divider between the upper and lower? at the crease just under the nose? and what shade purple?

·
Registered
601 Posts
nah lower than the divider. sort of just like the yellow one a few posts up I guess. and use your artistic judgment on the shade, havent picked out paint yet. thanks in spades man!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I know. I'll be working on cloning all the stuff out so we'll see how it goes. For track, I need to clone out what, the mirrors, headlights, turn signals, plate holder, and passenger pegs, correct? Am I missing anything? I might try and work on a superbike tail version as well.
Looking at the Corse pic, headlights, mirrors, turn signals, passenger pegs, passenger seat, taillight (doesn't make a huge difference though) and numberplate. Also with the option of having, and not having the OEM decals.

I've started many PSD's trying to clone things out and then just decided to screw it. The main hassle is the headlights and mirrors in my experience.

Edit: In my time posting this post you managed to up the track version. That looks very good! Forgot to take the passenger pegs off though! Any chance you could make the tail look more like it's a track tail, without the seat cowl?

1 - 20 of 1226 Posts