Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 923 Posts

·
Surfer of the lear
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ladies and Gentleman, I can finally announce the details for our 7th? Annual Trimph675.net Forum Track Day!!!! Our good friends, Team ProMotion, have agreed to host us again at NJMP. Below are the details:

Where: New Jersey Motorsports Park
Track: THUNDERBOLT (both days)
When: July 4th and 5th 2013
Cost: $375

What's included:

- Our private track for 2 days
- Professional TPM Instruction
- ART I on Day 1
- ART II on Day 2
- Discounted Race School (details below)
- Lunch Time Race (4th of July only)
- Lunch (both days)
- Triumph675.net Banquet at the NJMP Club House
- Welcome Packet
- T-Shirt w/graphic
- Suspension Setup
- Cold Water
- 1 Raffle Ticket
- 2up Rides with Glen (VERY MUCH WORTH IT)
- Free Team ProMotion Inside Pass Membership for non-members
- An Extra 5 Raffle Tickets for Team ProMotion Members
- More announcements soon to come!!!!!

Tire service and Leather Repair Service (By Todd McNabney of Heroic) will also be onsite.

The Raffle Prizes are as follows:

Grand Prize: OHLINS 30mm Fork Cartridges and TTX36 Rear Shock

Second Prize: Yamaha EF2000is Generator

Third Prize: Chicken Hawk Pole Position Tire Warmers

Additional prizes for best bike, most improved ART I & II Riders and Race Winners will be provided by TPM, Heroic Racing and our good friends of Riders Discount.

This year will be a little different in how you sign up. You must PM me or John (JSTU202) so we may give you a code to type in when you register for the event. The hyperlink below will take you directly to TPM's registration page for our event. Additionally, if you need to rent gear, purchase tires or sign up for the Race School, you will have the chance to sign up and pay for it the same time you register for the event.

As always, priority is given to Forum Members. However, all are welcome and I encourage you to invite your friends (as long as you can vouch for their conduct and ability).

We will run in a three group format; ART I(II), Sport and Supersport. Please be smart and be truthful when you fill out the registration form. If the Coaches and Instructors see that you should be bumped up for the day, they will let you know and you will ride with the more advanced guys and gals. However, they will also bump you down if they feel that you're riding over your head. This is to make our day safer and more fun for everyone.

Lunch will be from 12:30 to 13:30. The track will then go green from 13:30 until 1730.

Tech Requirements are as follows:

- All lights (head lights, turn signals, etc) bust be properly taped.
- All fairings and race plastics must be properly secured.
- Remove your mirrors and license plate. Zip tie your mirror holes to the upper fairing stay.
- All fluids (oil, brake fluids, etc.) should be properly filled with their respective caps properly secured.
- It is NOT mandatory, but advised for Intermediate and Advance riders to safety wire their oil cap, oil filter, drain plugs, etc.
- Tires should at least have ¾ tread left. DO NOT SHOW UP WITH WORN TIRES (chords showing, etc.) or you will fail tech. Tires will
be made available trackside at a discounted price.
- Check your chain slack. You will want to have at least 1 ½ inches of slack.
- Make sure that there is plenty of brake pad left.
- Check your throttle and adjust for minimum slack.
- Check your levers for slack and tension.
- It is NOT mandatory, but you may want to disconnect your lights so the tape doesn't melt to the lenses.
- A sticker with your name and shift pattern MUST be placed on your tank.
- A med-data (provided at tech) slip MUST be located on the lower left hand side of your helmet.
- All riders must wear a late model full face helmet, 1 or 2 piece leather suit, back protector, gauntlet gloves and proper boots which
extend over your shin.
- All 2 piece leather suites MUST have full circumference zippers.
- Any onboard cameras MUST be permanently secured to the bike BEFORE going through tech. Anyone caught mounting a camera
AFTER tech will be forced to sit out the rest of the day.

Please don't hesitate to ask me or any other track vet for help with properly prepping your bike. If you fail tech, you will have the chance to make the appropriate changes and go through again. If you cannot pass tech, you will be forced to sit out without a refund. If you crash, you will have to re-tech before going back out on the track.

In regards to the race, you MUST BE A LICENSED RACER (CCS, WERA, TPM, AMA etc.) to participate. If you want to become TPM licensed racer, TPM has offered us their racecourse at $50, which will include your race entry fee for the event's lunchtime race. For those who already have their license and wish to participate, you may sign up for the race on the registration form. The cost is $15.

The Banquet on Thursday night will include a full course meal for every participant and will be held at the NJMP Clubhouse. If you want to bring a guest(s) there is a field on the registration form to sign and pay for your guest(s). During the banquet, we will be playing the videos and pictures of the day's events. After the meal, we will be announcing the winners of the raffle and the other prizes. I truly hope that everyone takes advantage of meeting people at this dinner. You will make a lot of great friends.

There will also be a couple of videographers riding in every group. Therefore there will be plenty of footage of EVERYONE so there can be no bullshitting about laptimes or abilities LOL. Additionally, Ray from SBImage will be there to photograph all of our shenanigans.

Please visit the TPM website www.teampromotion.com and review their rules and regulations. It is imperative that we follow these rules in order to make the most of our day out there. These guys run a first class operation and are a load of fun to ride with and learn from.

For those wanting to arrive the night before, camping is allowed. Additionally, NJMP at a very reasonable rate. I have personally stayed in them, and they are quite comfortable. You can see them at www.njmp.com/vip.html. There are other local accommodations, but staying with people at the track is a lot more fun! I will be there the night before helping people prep their bikes and telling a whole bunch of lies!

Lastly, I don't make a dime off of doing this, nor do I expect to. Like the past year's track days that I have organized, all I want is for all of us to have a crap load of fun on our bikes without getting hurt. A huge part of that, is riding with friends. I truly hope you guys take advantage of this opportunity. For those who haven't done a trackday, DO NOT HESITATE to jump on this. This is not a race. There are no podiums, trophies handed out or contingency monies won. You will not be judged on your speed, technique or skill. You will only be judged if you act and ride like an idiot. The true purpose of this event is to draw us all together and have some great laughs and develop good friendships. The riding is really the icing on the cake. Please feel free to bring your girlfriends, wives, boyfriends, husbands, kids, dogs, fish or Grandparents. This is a Forum community event, and the more the merrier!

I really look forward to seeing familiar faces, along with making new friends. If anyone feels that I have left something out, please feel free to add to the thread. Additionally, if anyone has any questions, please PM me or John, or you can reach me at (813) 476-9663 or via email at [email protected].

I Look forward to spending good times at the track with you all! (Jstu202 rules and is so much faster than I am)

Participants (Red highlight will indicate that you are paid):

1. tapcon - slowest rider on list
2. jstu202
3. hazexban
4. flyin_gnome
5. steves
6. knolly
7. godly
8. bushmaster86
9. mx3TT
10. TerribleOne
11. TonyNYC
12. TonyNYC guest 1
13. TonyNYC guest 2
14. TonyNYC guest 3
15. soulpatch
16. peeweesp
17. eastwind
18. youngblood
19. techt
20. solerpwr07
21. ChrisK
22. Solanki
23. LeMisVH
24. LeMisVH guest 1
25. LeMisVH guest 2
26. termn8tr
27. 43%burnt
28. GTbullet
29. 07JetBlack675
30. BMAF
31. MrMotoRdr
32. jwalters202
33. munch
34. MetalExplorer38
35. TwoWheeledWonder
36. clyons
37. R675Soldier
38. Disrupt
39. Disrupt Guest
40. chooch
41. spade2s
42. GuiltySparc
43. tnr4
44. firedude
45. Pyroking339
46. Pyroking339 Guest
47. Sideshow bob
48. Sideshow bob Guest
49. RNYC
50. Firedude
51. Absowoot
52. Boosted
53. Banjo8
54. Frechj
55. Greysight
56. Grnpunkboy
57. Solarpower07
58. Habib55
59. Antirich
60. Catsnox900
61. Catsnox900 Guest
62. FrechJ
63. Greysight
64. Spade2s
65. GC
66. LF
67. JE
68. JM
69. BJ
70. JHuff1219

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Everything looks AWESOME. Seriously great work and thank you so much for taking the time and effort to organize this.

Should be a great couple of days for sure!

·
3,344 Posts
FINALLY! Been waiting for this thread haha

What date do we need to pay by and everything? Didn't see that mentioned.

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
This is going to be the best year yet, I could put money on it guys. :thumbup:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Re: Official 2013 triumph675.net forum track day post!!!!

I'm in for another go!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Make sure you have Joey Pascarella and Brian Gibson down for participants.

We are bringing the truck too so make sure they have spot for us :biggrinjester:

Haha is Joey gonna run the "race" that is going on? This could be my chance to say "Ya, I used to race with him" every time I see him on the podium this season. :laugh:

·
3,344 Posts
That's a great question. Obviously sooner the better. However, I will get an official cutoff date.
Sounds good! I definitely plan on attending! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
Make sure you have Joey Pascarella and Brian Gibson down for participants.

We are bringing the truck too so make sure they have spot for us :biggrinjester:

My pit setup almost looks that good... almost..

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I really want to make this, sounds like it will be a blast. Gotta confirm that my gf isn't going to chew my head off if I don't make her families annual 4th of July party....

One other question, I am a licensed racer with Moto Series. (www.motoseries.com) Will that license be acceptable to run in the race? And any details on the race itself, i.e. 10 laps, 20 mins, etc?

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
I really want to make this, sounds like it will be a blast. Gotta confirm that my gf isn't going to chew my head off if I don't make her families annual 4th of July party....

One other question, I am a licensed racer with Moto Series. (www.motoseries.com) Will that license be acceptable to run in the race? And any details on the race itself, i.e. 10 laps, 20 mins, etc?
I think that will be fine, just bring your license. From what I have heard, it doesn't sound like a long race (under 10 laps).

Our usual sprint races at NJMP are 7 laps.. so presumably less than that.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Consider my R6 there :) I will prob sign up for the race class since I have never been motivated enough to do it prior to this. Are they going to run it like the normal race class? Where you basically "Lose" half of your track day?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Oh, and those are unbelievable prizes! Way to go Tom and John. I am looking forward to going to yet another Triumph675.net weekend and enjoying it immensely. I did find it a bit rude that you didn't add me to the list immediately but I will let it slide this time :cool:

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
Oh, and those are unbelievable prizes! Way to go Tom and John. I am looking forward to going to yet another Triumph675.net weekend and enjoying it immensely. I did find it a bit rude that you didn't add me to the list immediately but I will let it slide this time :cool:
*Cough* R6's go on last *Cough* :biggrinjester:

1 - 20 of 923 Posts