Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys - not too familiar with OBD Scanners, but I want to pick one up just to read codes for my CEL (I have a shop manual). I believe this one will erase codes as well.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...tron_9020005-P_N3389_T|GRP2018____#fragment-4

I was thinking of that one. But I figured before I made the purchase, if there's any reason any of you would recommend another brand and/or model?

If there are cheaper versions too....i swear this one went up in price since I've been watching it.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
that should be fine.....although why don't you get a cable off of eBay and use TuneECU? That can read error codes as well :thumbup:

Unless you want a portable code reader to take to the track or something?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a Tuneboy, but if I were to do it again now, I'd probably buy something compatible with TuneECU. There are plenty of threads on here about which ones on ebay to buy. They should work as a standard OBDII scanner as well, so why not? You may want to tune that race bike some day.

·
Registered
236 Posts
that should be fine.....although why don't you get a cable off of eBay and use TuneECU? That can read error codes as well :thumbup:

Unless you want a portable code reader to take to the track or something?
You beat me to it... :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
If you have a laptop, it is portable :whistle:

·
Registered
928 Posts
Hi Guys - not too familiar with OBD Scanners, but I want to pick one up just to read codes for my CEL (I have a shop manual). I believe this one will erase codes as well.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...tron_9020005-P_N3389_T|GRP2018____#fragment-4

I was thinking of that one. But I figured before I made the purchase, if there's any reason any of you would recommend another brand and/or model?

If there are cheaper versions too....i swear this one went up in price since I've been watching it.
You can buy that but it won't work with TuneECU. Just buy this one: Amazon.com: OBD2 OBD II Diagnostic USB Cable KKL409.1 VAG-COM 409: Automotive

It works with TuneECU and will do everything that a standalone will (read and clear codes, etc).

You can buy the same thing on eBay but most of them come out of China and you have no real recourse if they don't work when you get it. Not to mention they take like four weeks to show up and the shipping cost usually puts them in the range of 16-18 dollars.

sassafras

·
Registered
382 Posts
Agree with all of the above !!! Just get a cable and use TuneECU, it will read the codes, clear the codes and so much more !! I have used TuneECU since it came out and use it at least weekly on one Triumph or another !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.