Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am building a single seat reverse trike. It was going to be electric, until I heard a 675 go by yesterday at full chat. It made my hair stand on end...
It got me thinking that just maybe I could shoehorn a 675 motor into it. Upon further investigation, I could not help but notice how compact it is. Maybe, just maybe it will fit.
I located a 2020 675 motor with low miles on it. It is not close, so I was wondering if a member here has a motor out or a spare that they could take a couple of measurements for me.
I need the distance from the sprocket center to the front edge of the cylinder head.
I also need the width across the clutch and stator covers (overall width)
Lastly, I need the width across the cylinders. (distance across the valve cover )
Thanks so much in advance.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I can't help with the measurements but I can tell you there is no such thing as a 2020 675. They stopped producing the base model 675 in 2016, except for the 675R which they produced until 2017.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't help with the measurements but I can tell you there is no such thing as a 2020 675. They stopped producing the base model 675 in 2016, except for the 675R which they produced until 2017.
Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Machine Nut

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Gas Automotive tire
Thanks. I meant a 765, but I did acquire a Daytona engine for a measly 200 bucks. I plan to do a good rebuild on it, so I will be looking for parts as soon as I determine what year it is. Engine number is 6309003.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts